• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips for a white car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for a white car...

I know light colored cars are far from the ideal, but other than the standard operating procedure (five step process) anyone have any tips for my white car (it is brand new, hence new clear coat paint). My general process is:

1. Wash (NXT)

2. Clean (clay + Deep Cleaner)

3. New Car Polish #7

4. NXT Wax

5. QD for touch ups.

I haven't done it on my new car yet so I'm sure my standard procedure will be great, but I'm always open to any tips.
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Re: Tips for a white car...

I own a white car and I like using the "Step 2 Polish" followed by two coats of #26. I follow with UQD and my paint, to me anyways, glistens. I also like EO NanoWax as well.

I am going to try NXT 2.0 and #26 together and see how that works as well. My Mazda 3 is Pearl White so it may differ from a standard white finish. All paints are different and, while black may be the standard, you can do some nice things with a white car.

Comment

Have you ever tried any of the NXT waxes? I haven't tried the NXT 2.0 as I have left over from last years NXT, but I'm wondering if the #26 is better.

From what I've read here, people seem to really love the NXT waxes.

Comment

I haven't.

However, I just bought some NXT 2.0 today and am hoping that I can do a detail tomorrow.

Comment

Cool, let me know what you think.

Comment

3Fitty,

I had an Aspen White 2002 WRX Impreza. I did almost the same as you but instead of 7 I used 80 with the pc. 7 is a pure polish so it has no swirl removal abilities. 80 contains the same polishing oil as 7 but also has some diminishing abbrasives to remove swirl marks. After 80 I did 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax and my paint really had that extra pop to it. If you have a pc give 80 a go. I understand that it is a new car but you still run the chance of getting swirls sometime or another.

Andrew
            2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

There is a thread on Autopia that shows a white Lancer Evolution IX that looks good. Different process and products, as well as being single stage paint, but it shows what a white car can look like.

Here is another one (BMW):

And another (Lambo):

Comment

Originally posted by CWM3 View Post
                I haven't.

However, I just bought some NXT 2.0 today and am hoping that I can do a detail tomorrow.
                The first thing you need to do is paint your white car RED! Just kidding.

NXT 2.0 is great stuff. Easy on easy off and so slick and silky. One other step that I would add is to clay your car after you wash so that you get rid of all of the bonded containments in your finish which may cause light swirl.
                ---
                Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Originally posted by cv_soccer View Post
                  One other step that I would add is to clay your car after you wash so that you get rid of all of the bonded containments in your finish which may cause light swirl.
                  Oh man you don't have to tell me! If it even gets close to 50 degrees here I am doing the full scha-bang. It has been close to five months since a proper car wash.

Comment

I have used that but used #20 Polymer Sealant instead of NXT, puts a real nice gloss on white.

Kelly
                    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

IMHO, the #7 is not necessary on light color paint, especially white. You will most likely not see any difference after that step. #20 is great for white with it's high reflectivity.

I finally found some NXT 2.0 Paste locally today! I will be trying it at some point today.

Don't underestimate white. It looks great when it is kept cleaned and waxed. You are shooting for reflectivity not depth. And it will look swirl free much more readily than black.

RamAirV1
                      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Wash
                        Clay
                        #83 cleaner polish
                        #7 show car glaze
                        2 coats nxt 2.0
                        UQD as needed

The car has an awsome shine, lots of comments at the car shows and cruises,
                        Hank Rotzal
                        1964 Thunderbird Convertible

Comment

Lots of good tips. All duly noted. I'll definitely look into #20 and #80 (as needed).

Comment

Treat white just as you would any color. While a polishing step won't always show better, it's beneficial in other ways. Only problem I have is photgraphing white in sunlight, it's a pain.

Daily Driver - 1990 Mustang LX - 5.0L
                            Doesn't Leave Garage - 1995 Mustang GT - 5.0L

Comment

On light colors and esp white, your trim and glass also contrast the paint alot more. So be sure to get them clean and dressed ( don't put dressing on the glass of course

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');