• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner

A quick story about the Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner. I am on my second Lexus IS350 and for anyone who knows anything about this line of cars (250 or 350) the front brakes emit an ENORMOUS amount of brake dust (if you're driving next to one, have a look, almost all that I see on the road have given up on cleaning them).

Well, to make a long story short... a while ago I bought some Armor All Triple Action Wheel Cleaner because I'm always comparing products, although I've almost always been satisfied with my Meguiars products. In any event, I was getting ready to trade my old IS350 for my new one (long story but I was trading it).

Since I was getting rid of the old one, I let the care of the car go down the tubes a bit and didn't clean the rims for about 2 months. On this car, that means a TOTAL disaster. About a week before the trade, I decided I would spruce up the old a bit and ESPECIALLY clean the tires. Perfect opportunity to compare the two products (sorry no pics - save the graphic - lol).

I followed the instructions on both. With the exception of the corner crevices, the Gold Class did an AMAZING job. A little bit of brush scrubbing was needed to make them perfect, but it wasn't to bad.

On the other hand, the AA stuff was horrendous. I mean, I really have NO agenda other than to try to save someone a few bucks. It took off some stuff, but not much. I decided I'd try it a second time and then use the product in conjunction with my scrub brush. Now the brake dust started to come off better, but it was smearing as well.

Finally, I gave up, sprayed some GC wheel cleaner, rinsed and I was in good shape. The AA stuff *might* be okay for minimal cleaning, but is TOTALLY inadequate for serious jobs. I gave the AA to my Dad (who really doesn't know better - lol) and continue to enjoy my GC wheel cleaner.

Sorry to sound like a cheerleader for Meguiars, but I figured this might actually help someone.
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Re: Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner

I have had good luck with Meguiars wheel cleaners lately... in the past I have not used wheel cleaners but rather soap and water only and always suggest soap and water over wheel wheel cleaners. But... I now have several bottles of All Wheel Cleaner that I need to use up, seems it works very well, no complaints what so ever! Great product!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');