• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the ball rolling finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the ball rolling finally

I've been detailing full time & a half for a little over a year now and i can honestly say that my car has never been so neglected. With hours ranging between 40 and 70 hours per week it makes motivation hard to come by when doing your own vehicle. A guy at work that details part time with another companies waterless product invited me up to his house so we could both learn about each others product. He knows i am a megiuars fan since i have integrated most of its range to where i work at Totota (TRD) The reps love me too

Anyhow being the easter long weekend gave me some time to have some fun with my car again. I had totally forgotten what it was like to be proud of my own vehicle. Long story short we learned alot, had heaps of fun & a couple of beers inbetween.

The aim of the game wasnt to get a showroom finish (i do that everyday), it was to show different products to each other and how they work. Sure my car still has swirls and scratches in it but my car is much, much better now and i cant wait to go the next step and give it a showroom finish like my customers get everyday.

after a waterless wash and a clay

After a tiny bit of love

my dirty rims

much better dont u think?

and some general shots in the shade of the garage

All people give pleasure : some when they arrive, others when they leave

Re: Got the ball rolling finally

Looks good. What did you use on your rims. They look new.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
      Looks good. What did you use on your rims. They look new.
      The wheels were cleaned with another companies waterless carwash. Although i have had them off the car before and completely cleaned them with a kerosene based degreaser, a gurney followed by some Meguiars metal polish

Comment

Looks great!
        That red is just popping.

Comment

Like i said before its not perfect, and anything less than perfect on this site doesnt get full respect, but i feel enthused about my car again & it wont be long before i take a weekend off to grab my makita rotary and make it bling with the best of them. Being a SS paint also helps.

Comment

What kind of car is that? Looks sharp. I thought it was a mazda MX-3 but it appears to be something else?

The red and the chrome really look great together.

I wish my cars paint looked that good!

Comment

Originally posted by 97 Supra View Post
              What kind of car is that? Looks sharp. I thought it was a mazda MX-3 but it appears to be something else?

The red and the chrome really look great together.

I wish my cars paint looked that good!
              It might just be named something else in other markets, kinda like Nissans 350z being called a skyline in japan, or the Honda Legend is the Japanese while here its called the Acura RL.

Comment

yep spot on
                its called a Eunos 30x in Australia - the us calls it an MX-3
                mine is different in that it has been lowered somewhat with rims & a veilside body kit.
                its a nice car i love it.
                thx for the nice comments

Comment

Looks Good!
                  SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');