• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick polish/wax question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick polish/wax question

Hello,

I am planning to clean up my car's paint. The car is a year old and in excellent condition. (at least in my eyes) I plan to clay the horizontal surfaces, polish, then wax. I will be using a 6 inch orbital polisher. I am not a purist like so many of you, I only want to make the car shine. I know about the two bucket method, not to drop the clay, MF towels, etc. etc. etc. etc., but am confused with the polish and wax. Numer 80, #7, #21 #??????????????? I would simply appreciate the name of a Meguiar's Polish and a wax that can be purchased at a locate hardware/auto store. Again people, nothing fancy...just a recommended good polish and wax.

Thanks,
    Dianne

Re: Quick polish/wax question

I always like to use at least #80 after claying because you can put swirls in the paint when claying dark colour cars,also #80 will help with the swirls from washing. Work it in about 3-5 minutes a section. NXT wax is a popular wax for good reason, it performs well on all colour cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
      Hello,

I am planning to clean up my car's paint. The car is a year old and in excellent condition. (at least in my eyes) I plan to clay the horizontal surfaces, polish, then wax. I will be using a 6 inch orbital polisher. I am not a purist like so many of you, I only want to make the car shine. I know about the two bucket method, not to drop the clay, MF towels, etc. etc. etc. etc., but am confused with the polish and wax. Numer 80, #7, #21 #??????????????? I would simply appreciate the name of a Meguiar's Polish and a wax that can be purchased at a locate hardware/auto store. Again people, nothing fancy...just a recommended good polish and wax.

Thanks,
      Dianne
      Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash
      Meguiar's Quik Clay Detailing System (16 oz.)
      Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
      Miscrofiber cloths and applicators

All available for Walmart or Target or any good auto parts store.

2008 Acura Alabaster Silver TSX
      2008 Honda Whistler Siver Metalic CR-V

Comment

I'd say you try Wash, Clay then Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner, Deep Crystal System Polish and NXT wax. You'll be amazed!

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
          I'd say you try Wash, Clay then Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner, Deep Crystal System Polish and NXT wax. You'll be amazed!
          Thanks for the replies everyone. I know to wash and what a MF towel is.
          I have no clue what #80 is, seventhson....just wanted a simple reply.

amf...I can get this at WMart but do I really need the Paint Cleaner if I clay?
          How about just wash, clay, DC Polish and NXT? BTW this is a black car.

Thanks,
          Dianne

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
            amf...I can get this at WMart but do I really need the Paint Cleaner if I clay?
            How about just wash, clay, DC Polish and NXT? BTW this is a black car.

Thanks,
            Dianne
            Yes you can but you'll be amazed on the result if you use the cleaner too especially on how the surface/paint feels afterwards.

I have a black car too!

Comment

On my Chrysler Brilliant Black vehicle, which is two years old and garage-kept, I'm following these steps:

1. Wash
              2. Clay
              3. Scratch and Swirl Remover
              4. Deep Crystal Polish
              5. NXT 2.0
              2006 Chopped and Dropped Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

Comment

Ok..Thanks guys. I'll do all the steps. Dianne

Comment

Working...
                X