• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uni-grit usage questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, lots of talk about nothing, hehe. Through much deliberation of the situation, I decided to talk myself out of wetsanding. Then I talked the customer out of wetsanding

For what he wanted (toy for the wife, not a show car), it just wasn't worth the risk *to me*.

I did a test spot on the trunk, used:

SSR2.5 (similar to DACP) on rotary with light cutting pad x 2
    SSR2.5 on PC speed 5 light cutting pad x 1
    SSR1 (similar to SFP) on PC polish pad x 1

It took out all the light oxidation and 80% of the scratches (look like brush-washing scratches). It did not really touch the OP. I took some pics but they did not come out I showed him the difference and he was "satisfied" with the improvement---that's good enough for me! I may go JUST a bit more aggressive over the rest of the car. The paint did not seem like it was any softer than anything else...within reason.

I'm doing a thourough inside and out for him this weekend for a total of 10 hrs.
    The car is a 73' Mercedes 450SL 2 door.

When I was done he wiped the trunk with a dirty old towel..... ...I told him I would leave him some MF when I was done I'll post pics on Sunday.

uh, thanks for all the wetsanding advice
    customautodetailing.com

Comment

Update to the saga

The customer calls and is no longer happy with the test spot on the trunk and wants me to sand just the trunk lid. I agreed...after I basically told him I would not pay for a repaint. The paint is not that soft so hopefully that will help a bit. He *swears* the car has "too much paint on it"

So, I'll have wetsanding pics Sunday afterall Wish me luck...I'm only going to use 3000 grit, no less.

PS - If he asks me to wetsand any other part of the car, I going to tell him to stick it you know where
      customautodetailing.com

Comment

We all wish you luck,

I posted a couple of replies to your thead on DC.

Good luck...

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike thanks for all the help
          customautodetailing.com

Comment

Working...
          X