• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anti burn clear coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti burn clear coat

Greatings from South Africa.
    I need advise. Have 7 month old honda civic Type R, galaxy grey. Metallic finish. Bought nxt wash and nxt wax, but am worried about clear coat damage. This paint job has a lot of angled glitter particles, any good advise.

Re: anti burn clear coat

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

The most important thing you can do is to always make sure that anytime you "touch" the paint, that you do so using the softest, highest quality product you can find. This would include your wash mitt, your drying towels, your wiping cloths and your applicator pads.

If you think about it, assuming the clear coat finish came from the dealership in brand new condition, which it should have, then the only way it can get swirls and scratches comes down to the way you touch it or you let others touch it.

So always touch it carefully and with high quality products. When you wash it, wash the paint gently, don't scrub the paint. When you dry it, blot the water off, don't scrub the water off. When you apply a wax or polish or any paint care product apply it carefully with good technique.

Keep the paint waxed up all the time and it will always look new, let it go and the longer you let it go the worse it will tend to look.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: anti burn clear coat

Hiya and Welcome,

Are you to use the two bucket method for washing with a grit guard bucket to prevent scratches and swirls by bad washing technique.

If i am right Nxt Shampoo has to something to reduce water spots which will help in such a warm sunny evironment. To make work easier on yourself, work in the shade and although i am making the presumption South Africa is very hot (which i may not be accurate with). Also the cooler the paint work the easier, so early morning or late at night are good times to wash the car.

Waxing the Car, again in the shade as the wax will dry out in the sun shine and become very hard to remove. Nxt is very easy to use and produces a great shine.

Hope this helps Christian

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');