• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you should clay your car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you should clay your car!

My dad decided the other day that he wanted to detail his car, after reading my notes from a Saturday class.

So, he started washing his car, which started like this:

It doesn't look all that bad, and the paint didn't FEEL too bad, but here's the result of running the clay bar across the hood of his car:

I haven't had a chance to take a picture of the car after he washed it, because it's been too dark after I get home from work. Hopefully I'll be able to get a good picture tomorrow that I can post for everyone to see. But, this nasty clay bar is the result of jet fuel fallout on the car, as he parks his car down by Lindbergh Field here in San Diego, just under the flight path...

Re: Why you should clay your car!

Clay is a must when doing a full detail... I am always amazed at the gunk that is removed during the claying process.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Looks like the final pictures are going to be of a BMW with a paint that it's going to be POPING!

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
        Looks like the final pictures are going to be of a BMW with a paint that it's going to be POPING!
        Well, it looks like I'll be re-doing it tomorrow - it rained last night and left a nice amount of dirty rain on the hood of the car. But that's ok, because my dad was trying to rush through this detail, and it left a bunch of swirl marks on the hood. These swirls were not there when I was claying the hood, so I know they were instilled by his work.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');