• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear View Headlight Restoration & Auto Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear View Headlight Restoration & Auto Detail

HI IM VICTOR FROM ORLANDO FL. IM BEEN DOING AUTO DETAILING SINCE 92 AND IHAVE BEEN DOING HEADLIGHT RESTORATION SINCE 2002 AND I HAVE BEEN USING MEGUIARS PRODUCTS SINCE 1992.I GO TO DIFERENT DEALERSHIPS TO DO HEADLIGHTS AND OUTSIDE CUSTOMERS AND ALSO DETAILING IF ANYBODY HAS A QUESTION FEEL FREE TO ASK.

Re: Clear View Headlight Restoration & Auto Detail

Hi Victor and welcome to Meguiar's Online

Comment

THANK YOU I SEE YOU ARE DOMINICAN IM FROM PUERTO RICO HEY ANY QUESTIONS FELL FREE TO ASK.TAKE CARE

Comment

Nice to see another person from the Caribbean

Comment

Hey Victor, thanks for stopping by my thread, welcome to MOL! I'll be down in Orlando for a big car show April 12. Im actually the one heading it up. If you feel like bringing your rig by if you are open that day by all means come on over, if your interested I'll shoot me a PM and Ill get you more info. Talk to you later man!
          Forever New
          Mobile Detailing
          Jacksonville, FL

Comment

Originally posted by v.bartolomei View Post
            IF ANYBODY HAS A QUESTION FEEL FREE TO ASK.
            Maybe you can share with our forum members how much you charge for headlight restoring?

Also, do you have any special tips or tricks for getting customers for headlight restoration?

We had a retired gentleman go through our Saturday Car Care 101 class a number of years ago and after taking the class he started a part time business doing only headlight restoration as it's a lot less labor and time intensive compared to detailing the entire car.

One of his techniques was to leave his business cards in places where people sit, like at tire stores and Dr. Offices. He based his entire business on our PlastX, our DA Polisher, a few W-8006 buffing pads and some microfiber polishing cloths. Pretty low investment for a part time job, not sure how much money he made doing this but here in SoCal there's a lot of cars with dull, hazy and cloudy looking headlights and a lot of the owners of these cars don't hang out on forums like this one and have no idea as to how simple it is to restore the clarity to their headlights.

p.s.

Here's a friendly tip... turn the CAPS key off because when you type with all capital letters it has the effect of making it look like your yelling.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

hi mike i charge $40.00 a pair for regular customers ,buy here and pay here $20-30,big dealerships $35-40 a pair,the reason i charge that is because their is alot of competition out there.it takes me 30 min per car and i re use the sandpaper so i make pretty good profit with it but i still doing detailing to make more money.to bring customers i bring pics before and aftrer and i show them it works pretty good,regular customers i give them a 2yr warranty,and i havent got anybody calling me back to re do them i do a pretty good job .i have been doing hedlights since 2002 and detailing since 1992,allways use meguiars.i leave business cards every where i go,sometimes i tell a customer if they dont like how the headlights come out they dont have to pay for it ,it works most of the time.know im going to sell and install film for headlights in diferent colors for extra money .mike if you need more info let me know i will be glad to share it.

p.s.how can download pics so i can show you my work on the headlights.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Maybe you can share with our forum members how much you charge for headlight restoring?

Also, do you have any special tips or tricks for getting customers for headlight restoration?

We had a retired gentleman go through our Saturday Car Care 101 class a number of years ago and after taking the class he started a part time business doing only headlight restoration as it's a lot less labor and time intensive compared to detailing the entire car.

One of his techniques was to leave his business cards in places where people sit, like at tire stores and Dr. Offices. He based his entire business on our PlastX, our DA Polisher, a few W-8006 buffing pads and some microfiber polishing cloths. Pretty low investment for a part time job, not sure how much money he made doing this but here in SoCal there's a lot of cars with dull, hazy and cloudy looking headlights and a lot of the owners of these cars don't hang out on forums like this one and have no idea as to how simple it is to restore the clarity to their headlights.

p.s.

Here's a friendly tip... turn the CAPS key off because when you type with all capital letters it has the effect of making it look like your yelling.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!!
                Semper Fi !!!!
                1stSgt. U.S.M.C. (Ret)(1974-1995)
                2006 Black/Black Corvette, Z51, 3LT

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');