• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

difference between #82 and #83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between #82 and #83

So, what´s the difference..?
    I´ve been under the impression that #80 and #82 will give me good coverage of different paint conditions, but now i keep reading about #83
    Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
    Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
    00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Re: difference between #82 and #83

I personally like #83 while you can get alot done with #80 and #82, #83 can get you those results alot faster because its more agressive then both # 80 and #82 but not to agressice so you can still get results with no swirl marks.
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Ok, I need one product for making the paint pop, and one for removing scratches before I use the popper again, see what I mean?

thanks btw

Comment

Look at it this way:

#82/#9 - Very Mild
        #80 - Mild
        #83 - Medium

So with #83 as the strongest swirl removal product to use with a PC, you could then follow up with #80, or #82, or both, then even a pure polish after if it is really a show car. It can vary by car of course, but at least thats the general order of the products.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

with Murr. Start with least agressive first on a test section to see how your paint will respond. Our Neon has hard as nails clearcoat and required a lot of 83, w2with some rotary work in there as well, followed by 80. Our Yukon has a softer clearcoat and 80 cleaned it up very nicely.

Test spot, least agressive first and patience if your using a PC.
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Joenok View Post
            So, what´s the difference..?
            I´ve been under the impression that #80 and #82 will give me good coverage of different paint conditions, but now i keep reading about #83
            We make 4 products in a category called, "Cleaner/Polishes", you can read more about them here,

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
            (Posted in the The Information Station)

Here they are in order of least aggressive to most aggressive,

M09 M82 (These two are about the same in their aggressiveness or gentleness)
            M80
            M83

M09 and M82 are relatively speaking, very gentle as far as products with the ability to clean or abrade the finish. If you read this forum very much you'll notice that most people using one of our cleaner/polishes by machine to remove below surface defects are using M80 or M83, that's an indicator that for most paint systems on the market it's requiring more abrading power to remove defects than the M82 or the M09 offer.

M82 and M09 are often times being used to remove fine swirls or hazing after a more aggressive procedure, with both rotary buffers and DA Polishers.

From a Professional Detailer's point of view or a guy that wet sands, cuts and polishes fresh paint, M83 is a very non-aggressive or gentle product because they guys are comfortable with very aggressive products like our M105, M95, M86, M85 and M84

From an enthusiasts point of view M83 is a fairly aggressive product because it's so much more aggressive than it's counterparts in the Cleaner/Polish category, M80, M82 and M09

If you're into machine cleaning and polishing, then it's a good idea to have a few products in your tool chest so you can experiment with different products to see which one or which ones are working best for the paint system you're working on, that would include,

M83
            M80
            Either M82 or M09

Having these 3 products enables you to test the least aggressive product to get the job done, if the first product you test doesn't work effectively enough, (remove the defects), or fast enough, then you can always substitute a more aggressive product to see if it is more effective and faster.

Hope that helps...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks guys, think i got it pretty much down now.!

Comment

One extra tip...

Whenever you use any product by machine, but especially any kind of product that is cleaning or abrading the paint, remember to clean your pad often and before applying fresh product to the panel, or the pad, be sure to completely wipe off all the spent product from the previous application.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  One extra tip...

Whenever you use any product by machine, but especially any kind of product that is cleaning or abrading the paint, remember to clean your pad often and before applying fresh product to the panel, or the pad, be sure to completely wipe off all the spent product from the previous application.

That's the best tip there is for using most products and especially for #83.

Tic

Comment

i believe if you are skillful enough, #83 and #80 would do the job

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                      clean your pad often and before applying fresh product to the panel, or the pad, be sure to completely wipe off all the spent product from the previous application.
                      Thanks Mike.
                      How does one get the pads clean? Same as the applicator pads?
                      I see there´s a lot of products around, rujuvienators or what ever they´re called...

I´ve read that they must dry with foam-side down to avoid water penetration to the glue on the opposite side?

I´ll go for #80, #82 and #83 on my DA order.
                      Rounding up around $400 from Autogeek

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');