• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you find in a field for $1500 Alex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things you find in a field for $1500 Alex

Originally posted by willhawk View Post
    After you're done with the detailing, drive it back to the seller's house and say, "I'd like my $1500 back, the truck is not to my liking. Psych!" Then video record his gapping mouth and put it on youtube.
    That would be classic...

But at his age he may have a coronary.
    Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
      Top looks much better! I think you can save it from a repaint! Great work!
      Thanks...........but now I want a Roush just for the dash cluster..........

FYI you mentioned your GF's Bronco top needing attention. A lot of the threads I came a cross in the Bronco forums were ways to rejuvenate these fiber glass tops. Most sand them smooth and have them shot with the rest of the vehicle when they get them painted. Personally, I like the contrasting texture on the cap and wouldn't want to do that. Another popular method was bedliner as you were thinking, but most had poor results with the self applied stuff. It doesn't appear to stick very well and starts to peel off. My favorite idea was done by a couple of people and sounds like the easiest method as well.

They cleaned the top thoroughly to remove any dirt, debris, grease, oils or other contaminants. Then used High-Temp paint (for engines) to rattle can spray it. They were all happy with the results. Said it was easy to apply (easier to work with than normal spray paint) and withstands the exposure and stresses better. It's available in a variety of colors, gloss or flat and it's cheap (about $5 a can). It takes about 5 cans to do the cap. $25 for a paint job on a cap isn't too bad.

The other option is to have it Gel-coated, I don't even want to know what that would cost.
      Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

The question is: did they prep it well? I don't see why the bedliner wouldn't stick if it was properly prepped. I am getting ready to replace the high pressure fuel pump as we speak. The exhaust shop fried the high pressure one, and refuses to pay for it. I bought it for now... Either way, those are some good options.

As for the rubber trim, try some APC or M39 with a stiff detailing brush (you can usually find small nylon brushes at most auto/hardware store. Then apply a nice exterior protectant. The GC Trim gel works really well. Nice and dark.

Comment

The question is: did they prep it well? I don't see why the bedliner wouldn't stick if it was properly prepped. I am getting ready to replace the high pressure fuel pump as we speak. The exhaust shop fried the high pressure one, and refuses to pay for it. I bought it for now... Either way, those are some good options.

As for the rubber trim, try some APC or M39 with a stiff detailing brush (you can usually find small nylon brushes at most auto/hardware store. Then apply a nice exterior protectant. The GC Trim gel works really well. Nice and dark.

As far as I can tell, it was prepped per the instructions on the can. That was almost a string within itself. One guy mad because it didn't stick, 20 others telling him different things to try. I'll try to find one and link it for you. There were 4 or 5 strings like that.

I haven't been able to find what I need locally so I'll be placing a couple of orders this week, here, ADS and A*****a to get what I'm looking for to git'er done. The project is stalled for the moment while the Liquid Sunshine pours from the sky.

Update coming soon.

Comment

I'd like to take a look at those!

As for the top, I have to get it running again first. The exhaust shop fried both fuel pumps. I thought it was just the high flow, but I replaced that one and it still isn't working so I have to drop the tank now, and install a new fuel gauge because the factory one got damaged as well.

Comment

I just read through all 7 pages. Nice work!!! Great to see you bringing that Bronco back.
              1968 Mustang Coupe Candy Apple Red
              1990 Limited Editon Mustang 5.0 Convertible (7UP Car)

Comment

wow.... that is impressive, very nice. Are you sure your talking about the same truck throughout the post? Anyway, sure looks great!! Keep us up to date.
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by Stangfan View Post
                  I just read through all 7 pages. Nice work!!! Great to see you bringing that Bronco back.

Thanks, I'm stalled at the moment due to weather and local product availability. I need some #39 in a bad way, have to order some because no one locally has any in stock.

Should be great when it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                    wow.... that is impressive, very nice. Are you sure your talking about the same truck throughout the post? Anyway, sure looks great!! Keep us up to date.

I know what you're saying. When I saw it last year, I thought 'Man, that would make a great fishing, hunting, mud bogging, mountain climbing, cruising on sunny afternoon kinda truck'. Now, seeing what's under the moss and lichen. I'm thinking more along the lines of it being a nice 'sunny afternoon kinda truck'. Sans the hunting, fishing, mud bogging and mountain climbing.

Driving home today, I saw an Avalanche up close for the first time. I know they've been around for awhile, but I live in the sticks. The trucks I see are either covered in mud or doing 80mph down the freeway. Hard to really see a truck in those conditions. Anyway, very nice, I may have to dump the C1500 and get one. How much room under that deck cover?? Think I could stuff a table saw, chop saw, compressor, couple of tool boxes, saws, drills, nail guns, air hoses, cords and couple bricks of nails in there???
                    Saw your thread on cleaning yours, looks great.

Comment

OH, the pressure!!! First someone gave me a rep point (yeah, I'm cool ).

Now this string has been rated with 5-stars.

I never would have thought driving a moss and lichen covered Bronco out of field and hosing it off would have lead to such accolades. Thank you everyone. I am both humbled and honored to be accepted in to the clan of Obsessive Compulsive Detailers.....

Hello, my name is Brock and I am a Detailaholic.

May the Gloss be with you.

Comment

lol, that's funny! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGypsy View Post

I know what you're saying. When I saw it last year, I thought 'Man, that would make a great fishing, hunting, mud bogging, mountain climbing, cruising on sunny afternoon kinda truck'. Now, seeing what's under the moss and lichen. I'm thinking more along the lines of it being a nice 'sunny afternoon kinda truck'. Sans the hunting, fishing, mud bogging and mountain climbing.
                          I'll predict right now, that once you are done resurrecting that Bronco, it won't see much off-roading.
                          1968 Mustang Coupe Candy Apple Red
                          1990 Limited Editon Mustang 5.0 Convertible (7UP Car)

Comment

Are you kidding me!? That's the best part after you clean it, to go and see how dirty you can get it!!!

Comment

Are you kidding me!? That's the best part after you clean it, to go and see how dirty you can get it!!!

Couldn't have said it better.
                              Remember amatures built the ARK, proffesionals built the titanic

Comment

Yeah, I have to agree. Getting it dirty is at least as fun as making it shine.

With all the talk about how slick NXT 2.0 is, I may have to give it a try. There are a few real nice clay mud holes on the way to the river. The splash has gone over the roof of my C1500 a few times. If clay will rinse off the NXT, it's a winner! It takes longer to get the clay off the C1500 than it did to get the moss off the Bronco.

Hey, If I get the surface good and wet then rub the clay all over the truck, would that count as a 'clay bar'????

I'm sure it's the finest river bank clay this soggy state has to offer.
                                I'll convince my cousin to try it on his 'Yota first and let oyu know how it works............................

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');