• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which vinyl cleaner and which interior cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which vinyl cleaner and which interior cleaner

Which of the vinyl cleaner and interior cleaner products to not change the appearance of new vinyl? I want to avoid any shine due to the products...

Smooth

Re: Which vinyl cleaner and which interior cleaner

If you just want a cleaner, try #39 - Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner or some APC. You should still dress it, and if you want 0% shine, wipe the dash down frequently with QID. QID has a sleight amount of protectants in it, so you would need to use it often.

Comment

After you use any dressing, simply wipe the surface down really well using a clean, soft quality microfiber cloth. Microfiber is famous for it's ability to remove liquid films off surfaces, (although some people may not understand this, they just know it wipes stuff off well), so let the microscopic fibers remove any excess product sitting on the surface off the surface and this will do a good job of preventing shine which is caused by the product sitting on the surface.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Interesting. Does that mean if you are using a microfiber cloth that you are actually wiping off the protective material (the product)? I suppose that some of the product stays on...

Smooth

Comment

Remember, he wanted no shine.

Some of the product penetrates into the surface, into the actual material but also below the high points on the surface.

Don't make this more complicated than it has to be, apply the product, allow it to penetrate for a short period of time, ( seconds to a minute or so), then wipe off the excess, for less shine with any topically applied dressing, wipe the surface even more and yes you're removing the product sitting on the top of the surface.

Remember, he doesn't want any shine. Where does shine come from if it wasn't there to start with?

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

To a degree, it is almost like wiping off the extra wax on the surface of the paint.

Comment

This may be more complicated than at first blush. My original supposition was that some products are MEANT to leave a shine. Take Armorall for instance. I always hated the look of that product but I'd think that with any amount of wiping, there would be a shine. Another is 303 Vinyl Protectant. I would think that that product would also leave a shine.

So, I am looking for products that protect/clean but the intent is not to leave a shine (the shine, telling the customer that the product is indeed doing the protecting) Hence, my question about a vinyl cleaner and interior cleaner, esp Meguiar's, that are not intended to leave a shine. One product I am familiar with is Giriot's Garage Interior Cleaner that does not shine at all (whether it works or not is another quesiton), however, I am trying to switch to Meguiar's...

Smooth[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/RICKHE%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Natural Shine is supposed to leave a natural looking finish relative to the surface you're applying it to, that is if the surface isn't shiny normally then Natural Shine won't make it shiny, you can still wipe off any excess to give it the most matte finish possible.

Natural Shine

Maintain that “like new” look on dashboards, trim, tires and more. Natural Shine’s complex formula includes mild cleaning agents that help remove daily dirt and grime and restore the original, natural finish. Includes UV blockers to help reduce the effects caused by the sun. For best results, use a High Tech Applicator Pad to spread the product evenly over the surface, or spray directly onto pad, then use an Ultra Plush Super Terry to remove any excess product.

M40 is also a very popular product, same thing above applies... that is after applying it and allowing it to penetrate, wipe off any excess.

There are two options for you to try...
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Just to point out as well, a cleaner is not made to leave a shine. Any cleaner you use, with the exception of M40 Vinyl Cleaner/Conditioner, won't leave one either.

Comment

YES! Just what I was looking for. And, I see the interior detailer works the same way. I'll order both, thanks.

Comment

Put on some QID, when dry buff with a mf towel-perfecto.

Comment

OK, thanks, I'll try that...

Smooth

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');