• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried 3 Different Meguiar's Products Today Some Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried 3 Different Meguiar's Products Today Some Reviews

I was at AutoZone today and wanted to buy a bottle of Quik Interior Detailer because I have used it before on my old car and it worked great. While there I saw NXT Tech Wax 2.0 $15.99 and if bought with Deep Crystal Car Wash save $4.99 instantly i.e. Deep Crystal Car Wash Price is $4.99 at AutoZone; hence, I got Deep Crystal Car Wash is essentially free. Though $15.99 is expensive for the NXT 2.0 Tech Wax I know that even at Wallmart paying almost $14 for the wax and almost $4 for Deep Crystal Wash Would put me at $2 above Autozone's prices.

Quik Interior Detailer
    Though my previous bottle broke at the seam on the bottom at some point. causing me to loose the contents, I loved the stuff and bought more.

Anyway, I bought another bottle because frankly it is the only stuff I have ever used that had good cleaning ability and never left a residue only an incredible smell. I used it in my new 2008 Mazda 3 car (bought in January 2008) and it completely removed all of the dust. It even had a certain polishing ability on the steering wheel making it look brand new. There is a white haze of what I can only describe as oxidized flaky plastic.
    My Quik Interrior Detailer Rating 10/10 :-)

Prestone Interior Cleaner with Odor Neutralizer (Not Meguiar's)
    I am assuming this is similar to Power Out. I use it with a microfiber to remove stains from seats mostly. For instance, someone had a retractable ball-point pen (Pilot G2) in their pocket and it made a small, blue ink mark on the gray seat. Looked terrible. This cleaner cleaned it right up in the small spot that was bad. I also think the Mazda Seat material is incredibly easy to clean cloth.
    My Prestone Interrior Cleaner rating 9/10 because I don't like the smell, but much better than the Turtle Wax product that is similar. I will try the Meguiar's Product next; I think

Deep Crystal Car Wash
    I used Deep Crystal Car Wash today even though I have a bottle of the Gold Class. All I can say is that Gold Class provides more suds, Gold Class is thicker, and Gold Class has more lubricity. Although Deep Crystal Car Wash worked well when I used a little bit more to get to the same level of suds that 1oz/gal of Gold Class Provides, I was not overall impressed. Still gentle, does not remove wax, safe, and works well.

My Deep Crystal a rating 8/10 (Sorry for this lower rating, but it is still better than many car washes on the market)

FYI My Gold Class Wash Rating 10/10 (My favorite stuff. It is the best on the market; I think... never used better. I am happy to pay more for this stuff because it is superiror).

NXT Tech Wax 2.0
    Superb. I used the included, purple, applicator (Similar to Hi-Tech Yellow). This stuff went on very easily and identically to NXT Tech Wax 1.0. Honestly, I could not tell the difference in the application process though this wax looks better on the applicator as NXT Tech Wax 1.0 Separated on me in the bottle :-( Still Worked fine though :-)

Regardless NXT Tech Wax 2.0 seemed to be harder for me to remove than the NXT Tech Wax 1.0. It could be because I let it sit for an hour or two or the microfiber. Either way I was very impressed with the appearance. I cannot measure the water beading ability of NXT Tech Wax 2.0 because measuring beads is tough. Moreover; I recently bought Ultimate Quik Detailer and my car is still beading during car washes because of that. Hence, if my car beads before applying the wax and after applying the wax, it is not exactly possible to compare the before and after.
    My NXT Tech Wax 2.0 Rating 10/10

In Contrast my NXT Tech Wax 1.0 Rating 7/10
    because it does not bead water like the new stuff and it separated somewhat. Looking Back, I would have given NXT Tech Wax 1.0 a 9/10 a year ago.

My Ultimate Quik Detailer Rating 10/10. It beads better than waxes and is very slick. I like it much.

Re: Tried 3 Different Meguiar's Products Today Some Reviews

I agree with you about the Deep Crystal wash....OK, but not Gold Class. What I ended up doing was to add some of it to the GC wash (one part DC to 4 parts GC in a 5 gallon bucket) just to kind of use it up...worked out OK.

Mort

Comment

Jbirk,

Thanks for the feedback. We always encourage people to get out there an try some products. It helps you figure out what is best for you and your vehicle. We also appreciate you sharing your results.
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

I'm not wild about the Deep Crystal wash either, but the GC wash and the NXT wash is good stuff. I USED to have a gallon of the NXT but my dad went and dumped the entire thing into a power washer, and then proceeded to complain that the power washer wasn't foaming up enough when he tried to wash with it. Turns out the power washer was just a really lousy power washer, but that's another story for another thread...

I'll agree that the NXT 2.0 is AWESOME, AWESOME wax. I like it SO much better than the NXT 1.0, and I thought that stuff was good.

UQD is another awesome thing. I just had it do a LIGHT rain on Wed. night, and it left a tiny bit of dusty water spots on the car. UQD sprayed on the hood pulled it right up and the car looks like I just waxed it! I can't wait to drive it in to Good Guys car show tomorrow...

Comment

Nice review on the products. I'm totally new to Meguiar products and I do have a question regarding applying the NXT Tech Wax Paste.

Just last week I already applied Turtle Wax paste on to my car and a friend introduced me to the NXT Tech Wax Paste few days later. So my question is...How soon can I apply the Tech Wax?

Thanks!

.Eric

Comment

Yeah, GC shampoo is
            I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

Originally posted by imEric! View Post
              Nice review on the products. I'm totally new to Meguiar products and I do have a question regarding applying the NXT Tech Wax Paste.

Just last week I already applied Turtle Wax paste on to my car and a friend introduced me to the NXT Tech Wax Paste few days later. So my question is...How soon can I apply the Tech Wax?

Thanks!

.Eric
              You can apply now, if you like. I'd wash the car first, use a cleaner to somewhat strip the current wax off, and then apply the NXT, but that's me...Some people may tell you to just apply over the Turtle Wax. I don't like doing that, because then I don't know if the new wax is going to apply well or if I'm grinding contaminants into the paint with that old wax, etc. So...I prefer to get the old wax off before I apply another coat on like that.

Comment

Hi Sprzout,

In general, all Meguiar's products are a sure thing, so you will not be disappointed. For instance, my lower rating for Deep Crystal wash is just because the bar is already raised extremely high to impress me. Let me just say that even though I consider Deep Crystal the lowest performing Meguiar's Wash, it will not strip wax, it is very safe for the paint, it has more lubricity than many other washes, and it rinses cleanly. Truthfully this puts it into the top performing 10% of all car washes if you ask me. The truth is that you just get different degrees of good/great with every Meguiar's product. The product is always delivered with a guarantee, which I have never needed to use though I have received a lot of help getting the best results from this forum.

Here is what you will want to do from what I have learned. You may not get the exact same results I do, but this should still provide results that are good to great:

1. Wash your car with a quality wash mitt, clean soapy water, 2-bucket method, and dry it well including popping the hood, opening all doors to get the jams, gas lid hatch, and trunk. You will want to soak any stuck bugs on the front of the car by putting cotton or microfiber towels that are wet on them and letting it sit for a while. Do the wheels first (separate bucket and wash mitt/towel/or brush). Then in general work your way from top to bottom. When you dry, dry the top first then do the windows and go over them with a microfiber to pickup the smallest of drops your drying method leaves behind (trust me).

2. You have a clean car. Feel the car and if it is not very smooth (like glass), get the smooth surface clay kit and use the included, cheaper, Quik Detailer as clay lubricant. Spray the car with the spray and also spray the clay. Put pressure and move it around until it feels smooth. Wipe up the residue and need clay as needed.

3. Unless your paint is excellent, you may need to use a mild cleaner. It will definitely not hurt your paint even if your paint is excellent. I would recommend Deep Crystal #1 as it is very very mild and much cheaper than Scratch X. If your paint is hard or soft, Deep Crystal #1 will remove water spots and the slight haze left from drying or claying. Just use a foam applicator and wipe up the mess immediatly with a microfiber; do not let it dry. For discolorations, hazy paint, staining, etchings from droppings, very light scratches, and other minor superficial, surface issues use Scratch X on the foam applicator. If that does not work, use a 100% cotton terry for more aggressive action. You need plenty of elbow grease and a lot of effort when removing a defect and you need to re-apply the product before it breaks down because most of its cutting power happens when you first apply it. Once the defect clears up, you should work the product in fully until it breaks down completely to a slight residue film. If you used terry, reapply with foam pad and repeat until broken down. Once I remove a defect with Scratch X, I follow up with a foam pad and Deep Crystal #1 just like the rest of the car.

4. At this point, the car should look better than it has in years even without wax. Now, apply your favorite wax or sealant. After personally trying DuPont, Turtle Wax ICE, Meguiar's Gold Class, Kit Carnuaba, Nxt Tech Wax 1.0, and Nxt Tech Wax 2.0, I like Nxt Tech Wax 2.0 the very best. If you are in the market to buy wax, buy Nxt Tech Wax 2.0 unless you have made up your mind to buy something else. Either way, apply something at least once but possibly twice at this stage.

5. You can dress tires, dress trim, clean the interior, et cetera. Regardless at this point you should plan on washing at least once every 2 to 3 weeks after which you should use something like Quik Wax to wax as you dry or Ultimate Quik Detailer after drying to ensure you have no little droplets of water left behind to leave spotting/etching.

Comment

I used the Quick Interior Detailer about three weeks ago (for the first time) with a new MF mit and I've NEVER used an interior product I've liked as much.

Simple to use, unbelievable results. Amazing. Better than anything I've used on my interior in the past. Total 10/10 for me.
                  ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');