• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overspray Clay or Quik Clay System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overspray Clay or Quik Clay System?

Can someone tell me the differnece between the Overspray Clay and the Quik Clay. I have used the Quick Clay and liked it but is the Overspray Clay better? I am just removeing the usual contaminats nothng to harsh as far as I know. Maybe they don't even compare!
    Last edited by gb387; Mar 8, 2004, 06:26 PM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Skip both, the detailer clay is even better IMHO, and you can get them in two levels of aggressiveness.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Personally, I think the Overspray Clay is a bit more aggressive than the Quik Clay. For your needs, I would go with the Quik Clay.
      Boss_429

Comment

Just to chime in here,

The Quik Clay Kit now has a new and improved clay in it. As far as any differences go I don't know what they are. I'll ask.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

What are the two clays in the detailer line?

When it comes to clay and the "aggressiveness" I know it removes contaminates does the more aggressive clay remove harder to remove contaminates? Clay won’t actually remove a thin layer of the clear coat, will it?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

The new Quik Clay is really great, much better than the old QC. It is very "plasticky". I used it on the toughest surface I could find for clay, the backs of my wheels, and it did a fine job of removing an entire summer's worth of brake dust.

Tom
            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

The detailer clay has either a mild yellow bar or a maroon aggressive bar. As far as I know the clay bar won't remove clear coat, I guess the aggressive bar would just be stickier for the contaminents. For just casual claying I'd say the mild bar is fine. If you have a car that has overspray on it, probably the aggressive bar. I guess I really can't say for sure as I've never used the maroon bar. However, a friend of mine had some overspray on his truck and the local meguiars rep sold him the aggressive bar for it. Still, the mild bars are great and the best part is they are much larger than the other clay bars I've tried.
              Later,
              Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
              Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

I just bought a jar of the Body Shop Professional Overspray Clay recently. You get two really big fat 100g bars, individually wrapped, in a nice container with a screw-on lid.

I've never used the QuikClay before, only Mother's. But I'm hoping this overspray clay will be everything I need in a clay.
                I'll be trying it very soon.

Comment

Where did you buy?
                  "Washing for the People"

Comment

How can you tell when a bar of clay is used up?
                    r. b.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');