• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Product Announcement! D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Product Announcement! D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream

Nice Joe and thanks. Looks slick and wet and you worked with in the the sun?

I'm a big fan of one step products. I have a lot of wash and waxes but I cannot just wax a vehicle! I have to remove some defects.

For what it's worth, I know of 3 pro detailers that have used 105 with a G110 with great results.
    www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by justin30513 View Post

For what it's worth, I know of 3 pro detailers that have used 105 with a G110 with great results.
      You know 4.
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Looks like great stuff!

Andy
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
          Any price info yet?
          Originally posted by MandarinaRacing View Post
          By the way, what's the MSRP?

Suggested Retail Price: $35.00/Gallon

This is also posted to the first message of this thread.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Looks good.
            Wet and slick

Comment

I do a lot of daily driver type cars, slight swirls, few scratches. I've been using a polish to clean up the **** then I'll add a sealer or wax and call it done. I have started to think long term on these cars as I don't want to keep polishing (even if it's mild Menzerna FFII) cause eventually the clear will get thin. That said, this product looks great to me if - IF - it is mild, has some fillers and decent (2-3 month) durabilty. How bout it beta testers? What do ya'll think?

BTW- I prefer rotary to DA on one steps, much faster but Poliseal doesn't play well with the rotary.

Comment

How would this compare to System One Polish (which I was looking at before seeing this)?
                AeroCleanse, LLC
                Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  Suggested Retail Price: $35.00/Gallon
                  $35 per gallon?!

If product is working as advertised that is such a steal that I am afraid to say how much of a steal that is in the fear Meguiar's would raise prices after it.

It is going into my next order with ADS, which it seems will be sooner rather than later. Timing of it's release is perfect!

Comment

How would this compare to System One Polish (which I was looking at before seeing this)?
                    Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange View Post
                    Meguiar's So1o is similar to System One in that the cut varies based on the pad used and both are really intended for use on fresh paint (although both can and do work well on a lot of cured paint systems as well). It seems the real kicker to this new D151 is that it also has the wax protection in it, making it a true variable all in one product.
                    Mke-in-Orange summed it up pretty good...

System One is closest to our So1o system. They are both designed for fresh paint and neither one has wax or polymer protection.

D151 - Less cut than So1o, but does offer protection. PRC is designed for the detail industry where they are primarilly working on cured or factory paint.

Mike
                    Mike Pennington
                    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                    Meguiar's, Inc.
                    800-854-8073
                    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

I can not contribute to answering that as I haven't had a chance to try D151 but I can point out that if they end up comparable in performance D151 would end up taking huge "value per buck" advantage as it is approximately one third of System One's price.

Of course, it will all depend on results in the field, like always. Until then it is all academic discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
                        Mke-in-Orange summed it up pretty good...

System One is closest to our So1o system. They are both designed for fresh paint and neither one has wax or polymer protection.

D151 - Less cut than So1o, but does offer protection. PRC is designed for the detail industry where they are primarilly working on cured or factory paint.

Mike
                        System One is not designed for fresh paint, but I'd rather give my $'s to Meguair's. What cut does / will D151 have? Would it have as much cut as say M84 ?

I wish Meguair's wouldn't tease us with stuff we can't buy yet
                        AeroCleanse, LLC
                        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

System One is not designed for fresh paint
                          Lets clarify....

They (So1o & System One) are designed for fresh paint and a fresh paint environment by meaning they don't have "wax or polymer" protection in them which is a no no.

If you want protection...you must top them with something....

Mike Pennington
                          Meguiar's, Inc.
                          800-854-8073
                          mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

What cut does / will D151 have? Would it have as much cut as say M84 ?
                            D151 has less than M84...Keep in mind it (D151) is a cleaner/wax...

Mike
                            Mike Pennington
                            Meguiar's, Inc.
                            800-854-8073
                            mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
                              D151 has less than M84...Keep in mind it (D151) is a cleaner/wax...

Mike
                              Oh you had my hope up for a while. Looks like it might not be for me
                              AeroCleanse, LLC
                              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Sooooo, somewhere near the cut of M83 or M01 maybe?

PC.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');