• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Product Announcement! D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Product Announcement! D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream

Originally posted by the other pc View Post
    Sooooo, somewhere near the cut of M83 or M01 maybe?

PC.
    I hope it has more cut the M66, or it seems kinda pointless.
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
      I hope it has more cut the M66, or it seems kinda pointless.
      Somewhere between M83 & M86...Definitely more cut than M66

Mike Pennington
      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
      Meguiar's, Inc.
      800-854-8073
      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

So if you had the the so1o product and this, you'd be all set
        AeroCleanse, LLC
        Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post

Awesome! I will have to get a sample from ADS for sure! Maybe this will be the perfect answer for my car!

Comment

M66 was great because it had the cut to remove some larger defects and still look very nice. Of course it had a lot of filling properties as well (which is fine because of the target audience).

When Mike Phillip's says that the target audience is production shops and "professional" detailers, would I be incorrect in assuming that D151 will have some filling ability as well?

I know that it says it removes defects, but will it "fill" in the marring that it creates while removing the defects?

It looks like a replacement for M66 (or in addition too) so I am assuming it is a one step type product designed to remove and mask defects in an effort to create maximum gloss in one simple step?

Personally, I prefer product with "filling" ability because it is perfect for maintence work when it is not always necessary (nor would be in the best intrest of the client) to continue to remove clear coat when its not necessary. The problem lies when products make people think they are achieving true results when they aren't (how many body shops think they buff the right way and will not listen to reason).
            Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001 View Post
              M66 was great because it had the cut to remove some larger defects and still look very nice. Of course it had a lot of filling properties as well (which is fine because of the target audience).

When Mike Phillip's says that the target audience is production shops and "professional" detailers, would I be incorrect in assuming that D151 will have some filling ability as well?

I know that it says it removes defects, but will it "fill" in the marring that it creates while removing the defects?

It looks like a replacement for M66 (or in addition too) so I am assuming it is a one step type product designed to remove and mask defects in an effort to create maximum gloss in one simple step?

Personally, I prefer product with "filling" ability because it is perfect for maintence work when it is not always necessary (nor would be in the best intrest of the client) to continue to remove clear coat when its not necessary. The problem lies when products make people think they are achieving true results when they aren't (how many body shops think they buff the right way and will not listen to reason).

Yes it does having filling ability. One of the test cars I tried it on looked very good 2 washes and 4 weeks later. Today (5 weeks later) I looked at it and the areas that were wool pad buffed are starting to show some swirl (very very light swirl / no buffer trails) the area that were foam padded only still look very nice.
              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                New Product Announcement!

D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream

Meguiar's borrows from our cutting edge Unigrit abrasive and polymer technology to create a One Liquid Solution, which truly removes defects, produces incredible high shine with long lasting paint protection.

Aggressive enough to remove severe defects, yet gentle enough to produce a durable swirl free finish. Change P.R.C's versatility by simply adjusting your method of application to achieve the desired results. This could include changing your buffing pads to changing your application method, for example for more defect removal power use a more aggressive cutting pad, for less defect removal use a foam polishing pad. For maximum defect removal use a rotary buffer, for only light cleaning ability apply using our G110 Dual Action Polisher or apply by hand.

This is a very versatile product that will deliver professional results over a wide spectrum of paint problems and application methods.

Available May 2008
                Suggested Retail Price: $35.00/Gallon

SYDSTER

Comment

Dang I gotta wait till May? :\
                  Wiseguys Auto Detailing

Serving North Florida

Comment

Nice I think I will have to add this to my list of products to get. Do you have a persis date on when it will come out of is it a surprise?

Comment

May 2008

Comment

Any thing with an LSP in it will fill. If a customer wants just a wax, it's going to fill and hide imperfections.

But..........
                        If you can clean, remove some defects and protect for the same price as just a wax.......think of how happy your customer will be with the finished product!
                        www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Joe,

Did you happen to notice how well it "cleans" by chance?
                          www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
                            What's M86?
                            Paul Marmarinos
                            Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                            "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

So1o
                              Mike Pennington
                              Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                              Meguiar's, Inc.
                              800-854-8073
                              mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Oops...that's right.
                                Paul Marmarinos
                                Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                                "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');