• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detail spray:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detail spray:

Any way of finding out whats really in a bottle of detail spray, meaning its ingredients. Reason i ask is because someone asked me, person further mentioned that these sprays may or do have alcohol in the mix. Any clues or thoughts. Thanks as this is my first post, hopefully i'm not repeating something thats been addresses.

Re: Detail spray:

alcohol would strip wax

Comment

Originally posted by spence82 View Post
      alcohol would strip wax
      Agreed, and detail sprays do not adversely affect wax protection. Only the Meguiar's chemists truly know what goes into the sprays, and they're not gonna be spilling the beans anytime soon.

Comment

Alcohol as a QD?

As spence said, alcohol removes all wax.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by dannyk View Post
          Any way of finding out whats really in a bottle of detail spray, meaning its ingredients. Reason i ask is because someone asked me, person further mentioned that these sprays may or do have alcohol in the mix. Any clues or thoughts. Thanks as this is my first post, hopefully i'm not repeating something thats been addresses.
          I can tell you that UQD doesn't have any alcohol. One way to tell if alcohol's in the liquid is to pour it thinly across your hand/skin. If it feels cold, it's because it's the alcohol evaporating quickly and wicking the heat from your body. Try pouring rubbing alcohol over your arm; the same reaction happens, drying out your skin and leaving you feeling cooled off.

As to what else UQD has, I dunno, but that stuff WORKS!!!

Comment

I agree with all that has been said, no IPA in it. That would be counterproductive.

Comment

Thanks guys, was pretty sure of the same.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');