• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spots on white paint... What are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spots on white paint... What are they?

Not sure where to post this so I thought here might be good... Simple question that I have had for sometime.... on white cars new or old you frequently see small orange(ish) spots on the surface of the paint (looks like rust) what is that stuff? Anyone know?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

A local detailer, (with a white work truck), and I discussed this one day as he pointed to some orange spots on his white finish.

He told me he thought these particular orange spots, which looked like small paint splatters, were insect droppings or something along that line?

I think I have a picture of them somewhere, (I photograph everything related to detailing).

I'll try to find them. Tim's suggestion is a common problem, which may explain it. Do your orange spots look like stains in the paint, or stains on the paint therein lies a clue to the answer.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

what is the location of the spots I know there are several shops in my local area that usw tire dressings with a chemical called heptane this chemical is well known for damaging white paint because of it nature it discolors tru the finish. so if the cars are discolored on the side of the vehicle where tire sling can happen I will almost guarantee it is because of that chemical .PS meguiars tire dressing does not conyain this chemical so stick with it ...
      Bill Orlando

Comment

Well the spots are on a friends car (Chrysler) and they are on the rear of the trunk lid and rear portion of the rear fender. Although I have seen them on other white cars in other locations, my old truck (Chevrolet) always had them around the emblems where I couldn't get with cleaners/polishes/waxes, in fact I removed the emblems on the tailgate to remove the spots and eliminate the problem, it was driving me nuts.

They are on the surface of the paint, with a little work they can be eliminated.

I know another guy at work has them on his brand new pearl metallic white Lexus, so I think that eliminates the idea of only one manufacture having the spots or paint related issues.

Something I have always wondered about.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: Spots on white paint... What are they?

industrial fall out...clay bar works magic on this s**t!

Comment

A response after 7 seven years, I can only imagine their relief.

Although I just tried IronX and that seems to be more effective,
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
              That's funny right there!

Dates people. Remember to look at the dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post

Although I just tried IronX and that seems to be more effective,
                LMAO!!!
                Iron X is a lifesaver for me. Can't believe I went so long without it

Comment

I recently detailed an old truck that was white and it had orange spots all over the hood and roof and some parts on the fenders. It was under mold so it can be from sitting under trees or something along those longs. Claybar it and it should go away. You might need to put in extra effort to take it off tho.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');