• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why use floor mats...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why use floor mats...?

Bought this (96) F150 mainly for a second lawn care truck to pull my 6x12 trailer. Only thing owner never used floor mats ...
    Here's the outcome after many long hrs ....
    Before

After

The outcome was better than expected nothing is going to bring this carpet back to life...

Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
    ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
    (269)650-2242

Re: Why use floor mats...?

Looks like mine under the floor mats I have...hope mine isn't a lost cause.
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Not new but great improvement, much better

Comment

At least it looks better. Looks alot better.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

You should try Quik Out, works great.

I did an excursion and used my carpet spot cleaner upholstery attachment to extract it and the mat turned out looking new.

Spray, soak, agitate, extract.

Much better though. My dad's truck looks like that. I always yell at him. He's an electrician.

Aaron
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

The H20 2 spotter used is one of the best institutional / industrial strength carpet cleaner
            Quick out isn't even comparable totally different ingredients ...
            (269)650-2242

Comment

That's a pretty nice improvement. This is the reason I not only use the factory mats but also buy a few carpet samples for around $1 each for a carpeting store and use those as well. In wintery climates or to lessen general wear and tear, I feel nothing beats them. I heard somewhere prevention is the best cure.

On another note, I had a 1991 Buick Regal and I kind of miss the blue interior that this truck has. Maybe I'm the only one, but I kind of miss a little color in my interior.
              "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

That looks like a floor mat to me, it just wasn't big enough to protect. And the flat shape of it really does nothing to keep the dirt and water away from the carpet.

Comment

I see you have one of the hook and loop carpet brushes that fits your pc, how do you like it?

Idustrial cleaner and it won't come all the way out, man that must be some kentucky mud in there. LOL

What if you let it soak for 30 minutes or so keeping it wet(if you haven't already) and have you tried a second or third application?

Good improvement though!
                  ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                  You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                  Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

I alway use floor mats, there cool! Have you seen the one's at Pepboys?
                    I'd replace yours, even with some carpet you find on the side of the road. Any thing is better than that, nice try though, atleast you removed the dirt, but not it's memory. Lot's of companys that sell carpet kits for this truck.

Comment

After a closer look at your pics. You can remove the carpet, flush it with water to remove all of the dirt ( you can then clean all the dirt under the carpet and replace the insulation) Then, if you want, re-dye it. It won't match but it would look alot better.

Comment

Best floor mats I've ever seen/used!!! Custom fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post
                          After a closer look at your pics. You can remove the carpet, flush it with water to remove all of the dirt ( you can then clean all the dirt under the carpet and replace the insulation) Then, if you want, re-dye it. It won't match but it would look alot better.
                          I agree.

If that was my truck I would pull the carpet out, hang it up and go to town on it with the pressure washer...best way to get all that sand out IMO.

Still a great improvement though!
                          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Carpet fibers are hollow, if you let any soil sit long enough it can become permanent. Even pressure washing wouldn't alter the color much, it's one of those things you have to except or replace ....Joe
                            (269)650-2242

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's detailing View Post
                              The H20 2 spotter used is one of the best institutional / industrial strength carpet cleaner
                              Quick out isn't even comparable totally different ingredients ...
                              Hope you didn't think I was slamming you. Much better improvement.

Didn't know what you used. I had great luck with Quik Out on my stuff and a friends Excursion that is a farm/kid hauling vehicle (Cow Dung and Ketchup)

It did look way better.

I like that PC scrub brush, thought of buying one myself.

Aaron
                              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');