• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC 7424 first use...what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PC 7424 first use...what am I doing wrong?

Your hood looks great. What a improvement. Like Nappers said Patience and refining your technique is the key. Great job. Looks impressive.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I can see how patience comes into play here now It's easy to look at the dramatic "Extreme Makeover" pictures and be totally oblivious to the amount of time and work that went into the transformation.

I'll keep plugging away until it's perfect.

Thanks for all of the advice and encouragement!

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
        ...and be totally oblivious to the amount of time and work that went into the transformation.
        I'll keep plugging away until it's perfect

Your friends look at you with glazed bewilderment and disbelief on their faces when you tell them it will take 4-5 days (10 hr+ days) to undo years of automatic car wash scars from their cars. Then to add insult to injury, it is not worth it because they will go back to the "auto-swirl" or start washing with a bucket of Tide and a dish rag.

Oh Yeah, be ready for the reaction when you tell them it will cost more the $65 deluxe job at the car wash place!

BTW: This was a great thread, glad you put the link in elsewhere.
        Last edited by BINGO53; Apr 21, 2008, 06:25 AM. Reason: add a BTW

Comment

Originally posted by Spdfrk1990 View Post
          Ok so say the 83 is not cutting it with the DA and I decide to use a rotary. My rotary has a 7" backing plate I think so what pad would I use? Would I still use a orange lake country pad on it like I do on the DA?
          I often read here that we should stick with the polishing and finishing pads with the DA. Those orange pads are light cutting pads and I only use them with my DA to back a bonet and remove wax.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');