• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a Few Quesitions...Wash Mitt, Rubber/Plastic, Microfibers, Engine Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a Few Quesitions...Wash Mitt, Rubber/Plastic, Microfibers, Engine Bay

I'm looking for product suggestions for the following: wash mitt, rubber/plastic exterior cleaners, microfiber towels and engine bay.

I'm using Meg's Ultra Plush, but have used that for a year and looking to get something new. I keep hearing how good the microfiber wash mitt is, so I should look into that?

I need good plastic/rubber molding cleaner. I find I get wax on the window moldings when I'm lazy and don't use tape. Also, my car windows got decorated with that car window paint and it is a pain to get it all off the window and moldings. Any suggestions on what works the best?

I need more microfiber towels. I use Meg's microfibers right now and have no complaints, but I'm looking for something a little cheaper, but still is similar in quality. I would like to buy in bulk if possible.

I need to clean my engine bay to get all the salts from the winter off. What do I have to cover to ensure I do not cause harm to any electrical components? Will a general degreaser work or is there a specific product that really shines here?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Just a Few Quesitions...Wash Mitt, Rubber/Plastic, Microfibers, Engine Bay

Good quesitons. I'm a brush user so I will skip the first question and try to help on the rest.

As a trim cleaner I absolutely love the Gold Class Trim Detailer. I only use it around the molding around the wipers and my mud flaps but the stuff works wonders. It will clean and protect leaving a nice finish behind. I bought my online as I wasn't able to find it anywhere locally, but some parts stores might carry it.

As for MF towels, I like the cheap Sam's Club 25 pack that run about $12. The towels are small squares that are maybe 14-16 inches in length and width. While I do have some Meguair's Supreme Shine MFs and such, I don't like to use them for just drying the car after a wash, so the cheaper ones work for me (others might not agree).

As far as the engine bay is concerned, it has been a long time since I have cleaned my and I could also use some tips and tricks, so I will stay tuned for those and hope this will help for now. Keep reading up on things and eventually you will find what works best for you. Take care.
    "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Re: Just a Few Quesitions...Wash Mitt, Rubber/Plastic, Microfibers, Engine Bay

with the engine it really depends on how dirty the engine is. All Purpose Cleaner + works our great for me if the engine is just alittle dirty/dusty. Super D works great if the engine is fairly dirty/has alot of oil on it.

What you need to cover up really depends on what kinda engine/vehicle you drive. If you have a engine that still uses a distributer cap+wire then you need to cover those up and keep them dry for sure. My Jeep makes use of a coil on each spark plug so I do not need to worry about those. I can basically spray anything on my engine and it will be ok. Ive also had the front end under water with no problems.

For a shine I like to use hyper dressing under the hood. Since its water based it doesnt seem to attract dust at all. I maintain my engine year around so a full detailing is hardly ever needed.
      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');