• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Meguiar's Brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Meguiar's Brushes

I still have a complete set of the wash brushes that Meguiars was selling several years ago. In the past I have used them when I was working on a very dirty truck. I used the brushes carefully and never seemed to have problems with marring and/or scratching. Well, tomorrow morning I am about to take on one very dirty big white Dodge Ram and am sort of planning to use the brushes and lots of water and shampoo to get off the big stuff and then come back with a cotton wash mitt. There are no caked on mud clods; I head to the coin-op when I have those. What do you think about these brushes? I've been a little leery of using them ever since Meguiar's discontinued them.

Tom

Re: Using Meguiar's Brushes

I love them! I bought all that my local Big Lots had when they went out.
    Scott

Comment

I always use them. I prefer them because they make my wash faster. I also should admit that am not after a flawless finish, but rather the best finish possible with the most reasonable time involved. I also realize that a mitt is probably better for reducing swirls and such, but I do have to admit that I use the two bucket method and constantly clean of the brush while washing and it works fine (that fine part is up for interpretation and I know that).

The brushes are my go to washing tool and I believe as long as you are careful and take the steps we always talk about/hear about on this forum like using the two bucket method, grit guards in both buckets, using a high quality soap, washing from the top down, and constantly rinsing/cleaning/checking your brush (or mitt for nearly everyone else), you should be fine.

As for the discontinuation of the brushes, I know that Meguiar's still sells them in other (foreign) markets, so they can't be all that bad. Plus, I'm still amazed at how soft they made these brushes. I almost want to invent a better term to use because brushes make them seem harsh and they certainly are not.
      "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

They were discontinued due to low sales, not scratching paint.

Comment

They are still on sale in other parts of the world as well, just not US.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Can confirm the above they are available to us in Australia and I use them all the time without any issues.
            Cheers.
            The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
            Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              They are still on sale in other parts of the world as well, just not US.
              Very true.

Comment

I have never encountered a scratching issue using mine.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm sort of fond of the brushes too.

Tom

Comment

You can find them on other websites. Just do a search on them. I found alot of them.

Comment

Awesome brushes, too bad they discontinued them. I swear by them. Dont have to worry about getting splinters from wooden handles. Once you start using them, you wont want any other.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');