FYI: buy NXT 2.0 - get free Meg's wash

Thread: FYI: buy NXT 2.0 - get free Meg's wash

Registered Member

FYI: buy NXT 2.0 - get free Meg's wash

My local auto zone has a deal where if you buy any NXT 2.0 wax - you get Meg's wash shampoo for free. The pink one, forgot its name.

Re: FYI: buy NXT 2.0 - get free Meg's wash

Yep, Auto Zone has had that deal going on for a while now down here. Great deal!

And yeah, it's the Deep Crystal car wash. I usually mix a little with the Gold Class shampoo I have, makes for a nice cleaning.
    --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Registered Member

Not to thread jack or anything.. but is it okay to dampen the foam applicator a little bit with water so it doesn't soak up too much of the NXT Liquid wax? Or is this a downside for the liquid wax?

By the way, I purchased the NXT 2.0 from autozone too and received the freeshampoo I think I paid $15 for the NXT 2.0 w/ free DC shampoo. Great deal guys!

Quote Originally Posted by David621 View Post
    Not to thread jack or anything.. but is it okay to dampen the foam applicator a little bit with water so it doesn't soak up too much of the NXT Liquid wax?
    It is not a problem with NXT liquid, just a characteristic of any liquid wax or cleaner/polish. The foam pad will soak up a little product at first. But with a little trial and error you can find a method to quickly get the pad primed and applying product smoothly.

Water is really not too good as a primer or pad prep. This is a trick I learned just this weekend, spray just an ever so light puff of a QD onto the pad before using. Just do that once on a clean pad before starting. It makes the pad glide smoothly over the surface from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by David621 View Post
    Not to thread jack or anything.. but is it okay to dampen the foam applicator a little bit with water so it doesn't soak up too much of the NXT Liquid wax? Or is this a downside for the liquid wax?

By the way, I purchased the NXT 2.0 from autozone too and received the freeshampoo I think I paid $15 for the NXT 2.0 w/ free DC shampoo. Great deal guys!
    A tip I got from someone close to Meguiar's recommends spraying a little quick detailer on the pad before using it...

And yeah, me too on the 2.0/DC Wash. I was in there looking for a trunklight bulb with a $100 bill, so I picked up the 2.0 and a Clay Kit. The Deep Crystal is a good product, with lots of lubricity.
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Thread Information