• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite wool pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite wool pad?

Ok folks what is the make/model no. of your favorite wool pad to use for light oxidation removal. I am using the Makita 9227 machine with velcro attachment?????

Re: What's your favorite wool pad?

Hi Don,

My favorite wool pad for light oxidation removal is the WWLC7 Solo Wool Light Cutting Pad. It has the right amount of cut and leaves very little marring.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Ok I ordered up a few of the Meguiar's Cut-N-Shine 8" wool pads. I used one today and had something funny happening. I was using brand x boat cleaner wax and while the pads did buff to a great shine as well as remove very light oxidation I kept getting small areas in which small spiderweb like lines would appear, I would then have to put more cleaner wax on to remove them. It kept happening time after time and only when I used the above pads. I had an older brand x wool pad and had no problems. Could it have been the dust particles from a new pad mixing with the wax?

Comment

Have you cleaned the pad with a spur?

It sounds like the pad has some particle that is stuck in there that is causing the marks.
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
          Ok I ordered up a few of the Meguiar's Cut-N-Shine 8" wool pads. I used one today and had something funny happening. I was using brand x boat cleaner wax and while the pads did buff to a great shine as well as remove very light oxidation I kept getting small areas in which small spiderweb like lines would appear, I would then have to put more cleaner wax on to remove them. It kept happening time after time and only when I used the above pads. I had an older brand x wool pad and had no problems. Could it have been the dust particles from a new pad mixing with the wax?
          Hey Don,

The Cut N Shine is the not the same pad as I recommended above for light oxidation. I suggested the WWLC7 Solo Wool Light Cutting Pad (7") which is a light cut wool pad. Your pad, the W-4000 is a moderate cut and may be a bit aggressive for light compounding work. This may also explain the slight marring you are seeing as the wool's fibers may be lightly marring the finish. Since you now have the W-4000 pads, I would just follow behind it with a W-8006 Polishing pad and some #44 Color Restorer to remove the light marring.

Also as Chris mentioned, be sure to spur the wool pads often remove compound built up and other contaminants.

Tim

Comment

Tim,
            I really wanted a 8" pad that is why I decided on the Cut-n-Shine 8". I have a very strong feeling that since the pads are brand new and this was the 1st use that they are releasing fibers and dust that like I mentioned earlier may be getting caught in the wax.

I may give the WWLC7 Solo Wool Light Cutting Pad a try though. Can you give me the link for this pad I tried a search and nothing came up.

Comment

Sure here you go....

And here

Tim

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');