• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30' 5th wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30' 5th wheel

I have a fiberglass exterior 5th wheel its a prowler. I want to wax it because it will be setting out side all year now. What is the best thing to wax it with.

Re: 30' 5th wheel

I'm sure any of the waxes from the Marine/RV section should do you good. After a good washing, try the #50 Cleaner wax followed by #56.

Or..the Flagship Marine wax which states in the product description for fiberglass. Take note of the asterisk, *Use wax only after the surface has been cleaned and restored to a “like new” or “average” finish

Aaron

AND...welcome to MOL!
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Re: 30' 5th wheel

Can you tell us what kind of condition the finish is in? That will determine the type of product you want to use.

If this 5th wheel has been sitting outside for any time at all and the finish is neglected or oxidized, at least it doesn't have a new looking finish like it did when it was new, then like Aaron listed, you'll want to use a good cleaner/wax and M50 in our Marine/RV line is a very good cleaner wax that will enable you to remove oxidation and restore a new looking finish.

M50 Cleaner/Wax

Another option would be to try our ColorX which can be found at most auto parts stores. Same kind of think a strong cleaner/wax that will let you restore a neglected finish with a single well-applied application by hand or machine.

If the finish is in excellent condition, they you can still use a cleaner/wax as any finish exposed to the outdoors will tend to get dirty and sometimes you can't see this dirt, staining and contaminant build-up.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');