• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1967 Rambler Extreme Makeover - April 24th Open Garage Pictures & Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 Rambler Extreme Makeover - April 24th Open Garage Pictures & Comments

1966 Rambler Extreme Makeover - April 24th Open Garage Pictures & Comments

Well the 1966 Rambler is here and ready for it's extreme makeover!

We'll also have a chance to test out the new Grit Guard Pad Washer

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: 1967 Rambler Extreme Makeover - April 24th Open Garage Pictures & Comments

Can't wait to see the pictures on this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post
      Can't wait to see the pictures on this one!
      I agree, cant wait
      ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
      Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
      210-281-8151

Comment

Me either! I'm really looking forward to the afters of this one!

Andy
        101impala
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Can't wait to see the result as well and especially on the pad washer review cuz I'm planning to get one.

Comment

This should be a good one. The trunk looks bad. Can't wait to see the afters.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Here's one "after" shot, more to come...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

First things first...

The "New Guy"

Tonight was Mike Stoops first night as a Meguiar's employee versus one of the regulars... He fit right in showing how to diagnose paint defects and then teaching attendees the right products and techniques to properly remove them.

Demonstrating How To Clean Your Pad On The Fly

Explaining how diminishing abrasives break down...

Turning the Student loose on his own...
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

The first thing we did was to clean the Vinyl Convertible Top. Since we're not supposed to wash cars here we're going to use the Clean & Blot method to clean this convertible top. In most cases washing with free flowing water is a more thorough way to remove the loosened dirt and grime because with flowing water it can flow off the top, with the blotting and wiping method you're basically trying to wipe off any loosened dirt.

Note the cleaning results you see in these pictures are after the first cleaning, we went back over the top a second time and switched to clean dry towels to absorb and remove the dirty residue in the cleaning solution.

Before

Here we're spraying on M7116 Canvas Cleaner

If you look to the right hand side of the top you can see the same clean spot

Mike and Shawn attack the top

Nuff said...

Remember, this is just the first pass, the next pass got it even cleaner

After

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's some "Before" and "Process" pictures...

Before Pictures

Process Pictures

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I just want to thank everyone who was a part of this extreme makeover, You guys really helped bring back some life into this car. Special thanks to Mike, and Mike.
                      Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Ok, I want to know what the verdict was on the 2 pad washers. Looking to make an informed purchase decision soon.
                        -Bob
                        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
                          Ok, I want to know what the verdict was on the 2 pad washers. Looking to make an informed purchase decision soon.
                          I don't think the pad washers were used. If they were I wasn't there at the actual pad washing comparison.
                          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Wow....the top almost looks new! Nice job
                            If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
                              We had time to test out the Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer, it will safely wash foam pads and that's what we had a lot of to clean.

As for verdict... would you trust these guys?

We'll get some pictures up but they come after the Rambler pictures...

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');