• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Detailing Class in Piscataway, New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by jchetty; Apr 25, 2006, 01:52 PM.

Comment

oh yeah i kinda forgot to say 56k'ers no seriously i tried to keep the images small so we can all enjoy after all, i am a 56k'er as well

my car...yeah yeah i know its slow

so glad this wasnt a line up at the light...cuz i would of been screwed ...hmmm i wonder if nxt wax can help me

my fav picture

marks truck aka the patient......we'll be gentle..now where is that rotary

Last edited by jchetty; Apr 24, 2006, 11:41 AM.

Comment

hmmm....u notice the meguiars hat to...maybe a ringer....corporate spy..lol....im pretty sure i've seen him in the catolog lol

rod wetsanding....notice how the streaks are even/ high and low spots dont appear--rod stressed that using a backing plate along wit wet sand paper (soaking at least 15 minutes) is the key along wit steady even pressure

everybody duck....oh...uh yeah that #83 on the ceiling will buff right out
        Last edited by jchetty; Apr 24, 2006, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Last edited by jchetty; Apr 24, 2006, 11:46 AM.

Comment

i want to thank mark and the pal staff for a wonderful day. i would like to thank rod as well for sharing his knowledge, i also like to thank everyone that came and made this day a huge success... rod is a great guy, hopefully we can have an institute day some time next year..best of luck rod, if u read this i forgot which dewalt we were using, if you could post the specs and # i would appreciate it thanks
            Last edited by jchetty; Aug 21, 2004, 08:38 PM.

Comment

To say it was absolute joy would be an understatement
              my product collection-- New !
              My Detailing Credo
              Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jchetty
                ... i forgot which dewalt we were using, if you could post the specs and # i would appreciate it thanks
                If you are refering to the rotary used yesterday it was Makita 9227.

Comment

I just wanted to chime in too and say thanks to Rod and Meguires for having this seminar in NJ. Rod was a great guy and and very knowledable and I learned a lot from him. I think it is great to that Meguiars holds free seminars like this to teach us enthusiants or business owners, and plus we get to test drive all of Meguiars products too see what we like. Thanks to Mark at PAL too for having this event at his place. It was a good time even with the rain.
                  1996 Ford Explorer V8 5.0L AWD ~ Ivory Pearl Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by kartoon

thanks man

Comment

i just checked and some of my pics didnt come up if they are not coming up try and right clicking on the ... red x and selecting show picture...if that doesnt work let me know so i get a new host

Comment

Originally posted by kartoon
                        Here is a pic of the unit that Rod used. a Makita 9227 as mentioned and pictured above.

Here is a "Cheap" one for $24.99. This was from info over at Autopia.org.
                        Link To $25.00 Rotary

The wetsanding demo by Rod was great as Mark our Host allowed all to work on his Ford Expedition. I just ordered it and can not wait to try.
                        Last edited by Lost Pup; Aug 22, 2004, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Along with everyone else, I, too, would like to thank Rod for his great presentation, knowledge, and experience. Thanks also goes out to Mark and PAL for the use of their facilities. I look forward to another seminar with a hands-on practice session.

BTW, jchetty, nice pics.

Tom
                          2001 Mustang Bullitt #792

Comment

At the very end of the day, I still had the fender set up and encouaged those who were still left to try out my rotary. Maybe next time at a session like this there can be hands on practice
                            my product collection-- New !
                            My Detailing Credo
                            Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

A question ?

What product did Rod use when he sprayed down the side and the wheelwells of Mark's Expedition. He used one of the Meguiars " Foaming " spray heads which really helped the product adhere and increase the dwell time of the product on the panel/s. I know some attendee's took notes..... you know who you are. I believe it was part of the Detailer Line.

Thanks

Lost Pup

Comment

Lost Pup--I believe it was the Safe D-Greaser.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');