• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Detailing Class in Piscataway, New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to thank everyone involved.It was very generous of Mark and Rod to supply their knowledge, lunch , goodie bags,and friendship. thanks to Bill D for bringing his fenders so we could continue to work indoors.Despite the weather it was a great day with a nice group of people

Went to radio shack today and picked up that lighted microscope that Rod had (item #63-1133 $9.99) Also got a non-contact infrared thermometer to measure the temp of panels. If you go to radioshack.com there is a coupon to print out reg 49.99 only 29.99 with the coupon (item# 22-325)

Once again my daughter and I had a lot of fun,hope we can do it again soon.
    Bob

Comment

Lots of fun had by alll

Words can not express the graduated I have for Meguiar's, Rod Kraft, Mark and His wife for sponsoring such an event, From the bottom of my heart Thank You.
      lots of fun had by all
      learned how to and How NOT to...Wet sand, Orbital, Rotary. Plus lots more.

For those who missed out on this eventful day Do Not Fret there's talk already about doing another Detail Day in the early spring at Pal's.

Now Roy if you and that trouble maker Beercan weren't talk'n Trek you might heard Rod with his demonstration. I'm glad someone was paying attention because I was going to ask the same question....lol
      Thanks Setec Astronomy

jchetty You did a amazing job with the photos....I was only kidding about being wanted in 7 states,
      Bill D You also did a great job with the fenders, you should get the "most value player award". You and your fenders came through in a pinch.

It was a pleasure meeting you all.

I ended up walking away with some NEW toys
      G-100 Porter Cable
      9227c Makita Rotary
      3 W9006's
      2 W8006's
      1 W7006
      Both Red & Blue clay bars
      1qt Diamond cut compound 2.0
      1gal #40
      2000 &3000 grit wet sand paper w/ sanding pad

Now if I can talk my kid in helping me tow his car out of the woods that has been there for 3+ years.
      Time to do some hands on learning/practice, practice, practice, practice.
      Rich
      If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
      DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

Originally posted by Beercan31
        Bill D You also did a great job with the fenders, you should get the "most value player award". You and your fenders came through in a pinch.

It was a pleasure meeting you all.

I ended up walking away with some NEW toys
        G-100 Porter Cable
        9227c Makita Rotary
        3 W9006's
        2 W8006's
        1 W7006
        Both Red & Blue clay bars
        1qt Diamond cut compound 2.0
        1gal #40
        2000 &3000 grit wet sand paper w/ sanding pad

[/B]
        Beercan,

You've made me blush. It was no trouble at all!

WOW!!! I didn't realize that you dropped some SERIOUS cash!

Talk about buying a few new goodies!

I hope you have a blast!
        my product collection-- New !
        My Detailing Credo
        Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy
          Lost Pup--I believe it was the Safe D-Greaser.
          Thanks Setec

It was great to see the products in person and would encourage all interested to attend events in the future. I was chatting with Beercan31 while Rod applied the above product with one of their "Foaming" spray heads to the wheelwellsand rockers of Marks Expedition and we watched as the product actually did foam and stay put /not run as Rod moved on. I have seen this nozzle discussed before here and on Autopia and didn't think much of it. I know when I spray wheelwells the product always runs so quickly and a good bit ends up on the ground.

I have to say that the greatest benefit of the live Seminar was separate fact from fiction. We see such large Marketing efforts for all the differents products available and it is difficult to choose.

After watching Rod Kraft of Meguiars the choice becomes easy.

My Meguiars shopping list is growing and I did buy products from our host (PAL) Mark right after. I knew this would be trouble.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');