• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the diffrence between Gold classic & NXT wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the diffrence between Gold classic & NXT wax?

Hi,

I currently own a black car and am confused as what wax to purchase?Which is better for my black car meguiars gold classic or the meguiars nxt liquid wax? Also, whats the diffrence between the Mguiars NXT wax spray and the Mguiars liquid wax? Thanks,

kc

Re: Whats the diffrence between Gold classic & NXT wax?

both GC and NXT wax are good and its just a matter of preference and which one looks best in your eyes. As for NXT spray wax, its used more as a booster wax and is not meant to take the place of a good wax job. For good protection and durability you will want to use the liquid or paste NXT 2.0 not the spray wax. Oh and i just saw this is your first post so Welcome to MOL
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Nxt is a syhthetic wax, while Gold Class is a carnuba/synthetic blend. As far as looks go though, a lot of it will come from your prep work, such as claying, cleaning, and polishing. Those waxes will just top it off.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

As Murr said, the difference between the two all depends on your prep work. If you plan on going straight from claying to a wax without any prep work, Gold Class will probably give better results because it's blended with a polish. If you clay the car and then do a dedicated cleaner and polish before the wax, NXT is guaranteed to give you the absolute best results possible. Just my opinion.

Comment

So, is it ok to work the car through (wash, clay, clean & polish) then seal it with NXT2.0 and top it with GC ??
          have anyone tried that ???

Just wonder ... since i have both products but had never used them together ...

Salu2

Comment

i didn't try NXT until now but GC is great on black cars...But as already noticed you have to prepare your paint for the wax(clay polish etc) to allowed to the wax to show what can do.
            I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Originally posted by armas78 View Post
              So, is it ok to work the car through (wash, clay, clean & polish) then seal it with NXT2.0 and top it with GC ??
              have anyone tried that ???

Just wonder ... since i have both products but had never used them together ...

Salu2
              If you clay, clean & polish the paint prior, you're best off doing two coats of a wax like NXT 2.0. GC is a blend of waxes with a polish, and since you already performed a dedicated polishing step, GC won't really give you any benefits. I recommend sticking to two coats of NXT for maximum protection and gloss.

Comment

Nxt 2.0 and #21 2.0 (a related product) are pretty hard to beat it seems.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Like everyone else stated, it is all in how you prepare your car for wax. I used GC on a red car, it gave a great gloss when NXT really does give your car that wet look shine. I like both but I prefer NXT.
                  Alex
                  1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
                  1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
                  1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');