• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing how easy M83 is to use with the right technique!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amazing how easy M83 is to use with the right technique!

so the 8006 pads wouldn't hold up?? that is what i'm using and they are brand new basically
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
      so the 8006 pads wouldn't hold up?? that is what i'm using and they are brand new basically

No, they won't hold up to speed 6. The new softbuff 2.0 pads will though.

Use Speed 5, it'll work just fine.

Comment

there is def a big difference from 5 to 6 in the speed settings...I used 5 yesterday..with your recommendation of just two pea sized amounts..worked great..still had some dusting though, I was cleaning the pad often...still a little confused on the dusting..its amazing how a little big goes a long ways..glad I read your post..thanks again
        Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

there is def a big difference from 5 to 6 in the speed settings...I used 5 yesterday..with your recommendation of just two pea sized amounts..worked great..still had some dusting though, I was cleaning the pad often...still a little confused on the dusting..its amazing how a little big goes a long ways..glad I read your post..thanks again
          Great, glad to hear it's coming together for you

Keep experimenting with working time and size of the area you work, you'll get it dialed in the rest of the way in no time. Do you have any pics?

Also, one other thing I forgot to mention. I don't bother to "spread it out" before working. I simply turn it on speed 5 or 6 and start making passes. When I spread it out it seems to dust more.

Comment

so the 8006 pads wouldn't hold up?? that is what I'm using and they are brand new basically
            The heat generated by the polisher will transfer to the backing plate and overtime will loosen the adhesive that holds the Velcro to the foam and on some backing plates it can loosen adhesive that holds the Velcro to the backing plate.

With our new W67DA Backing plate this isn't an issue as it is a one piece unit, therefore there is no adhesive.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
              No, they won't hold up to speed 6. The new softbuff 2.0 pads will though.

Use Speed 5, it'll work just fine.
              Actually, at this time we still don't recommend using any of our foam pads at the 6.0 Speed Setting. It's mentioned in the threads announcing both the new cutting pad and polishing pad, it's not an issue for the finishing pad because you don't run a finishing pad at high speeds for any reason.

*New* For Summer 2008 - W8207 - Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Polishing Pad

*New* For Summer 2008 - W7207 - Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Cutting Pad

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

my bad

Comment

Pictures tell the story.... the right products for the right problems, applied correctly works every time! Nice work. Thanks for sharing the tips.
                  Rob A.
                  '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                  '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

I still am amazed the great results I see with a DA and Meguiars pads (only because the size of the pads). I currently use 5.5" LC pads and get good results but on other places I hear people using anything bigger then the 5.5" and the results are terrable. I may have to try some Meguiars pads I guess. Would be nice to use a 6.5" pad with a DA and get the results I am after and use some 4" pads for some smaller areas. Hmmm going to see if my local shop carries the pads in stock.

Comment

^^Actually Sal, I've been getting good results with a 6.5 LC orange pad. Lately I've been able to finish #83 down to a LSP ready state. It takes patience and a good technique but it is possible with practically any size pad I think. I have 6.5, 4, 3.5 inch pads btw
                      Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Great report, I hope I'll get them same results on my black '08 Impala. If I do you'll see my pics here...!

Comment

Originally posted by Tech154 View Post
                          Great report, I hope I'll get them same results on my black '08 Impala. If I do you'll see my pics here...!
                          Be sure to post those pics! Follow 83 up with #80 or #82 and a finishing pad for stunning results

Comment

GREAT thread Jeff! Very useful information. Thanks for taking the time to post.
                            '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
                            '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

Originally posted by Lexus Guy04 View Post
                              GREAT thread Jeff! Very useful information. Thanks for taking the time to post.
                              Thanks, I'm just happy that others find it useful. I've probably detailed a dozen cars since I originally posted this thread, and it just keeps getting better and funner.

I look back now, I was so frustrated during that initial learning process that I nearly gave up. I'm happy I stuck with it and thanks to the great help available on this forum, I was able to get past my issues and find a truly enjoyable and rewarding hobby.

Comment

WoW great results. i think i'll try this on the truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');