• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Steering Wheel Care ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Steering Wheel Care ?

My Leather Steering Wheel gets sticky from my hands. Is there a way to correct this problem?
    92 Dodge Viper #192/285

Regular leather cleaning and conditioning is essential for any leather, especially leather on a steering wheel since it's always in direct contact with your hands. Since you are experiencing sticky leather it's probably really dirty. Meguiar's two step aloe leather products should work well (or take your pick, they have a lot of different leather products, two steps works best). If your steering wheel has perforations and/or stitching like mine does your best bet it to get a soft tooth brush in order to get the cleaner down in the grooves nice and well.

The leather steering wheel thats in my car is really on it's 3rd car. The first one was in a wreck, then it made it's way to a friends car, then to mine when he sold it. I think we figured total it's got something like 60K miles on it and it was taken care of with regular cleaning and conditioning. It looks almost brand new still.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');