• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCalm Miata Club at Meguiar's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After cleaning the paint with Meguiar's ScratchX paint cleaner, it was time to apply a pure polish to restore clarity, brilliant gloss, depth and reflection. For this we use Deep Crystal Polish and apply it using Meguiar's Hi-Tech Applicator Pads

Pure polishes, like paint cleaners, do not need to dry. What's more important is to apply a thin coat while working the polish in thoroughly.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

After applying a thin coat over the entire finish, we removed using microfiber polishing cloths.

Thin coats of polish wipe of easy and leave a beautiful finish perfect for applying a wax.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Next up! Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax

After removing the Deep Crystal Polish, we're going to apply a thin coating of Meguiar's new NXT Generation Tech Wax.

Just like the polish, when applying a wax like NXT Tech Wax, you want to apply a thin coat and work it thoroughly into the finish. Unlike a polish however, you want to let Tech Wax completely dry before removing it.

Below you can see a thin, uniform coating over the entire finish. Thin coats are easy to remove and are just as effective as thick coats. Thick coats of wax simply wastes product and makes removal difficult.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

My baby looks soooo beautiful! Thanks Mike and those in SOCALM who attended this great event for learning to use the Meguiar's products on my car! She still looks great.

I've used the NXT Spray wax and it's great! Thanks again Mike and Jeff for teaching us about the Meguiar's product line and how to properly take care of our cars!

Victoria (Tori) Bakker

Comment

While the Tech Wax is curing, (this takes about 10-15 minutes), we decided to treat the vinyl top and the tires.

For the vinyl top we chose Meguiar's new NXT Tech Protectant.

As you can see the vinyl top is in dire need of some conditioning and protecting!

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Tori,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Thank you for letting us use your car to demonstrate on! Hold on, here comes the finished shot by hand, and then later the results from using the G-100 dual action polisher!

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

While the vinyl top was being treated, another SoCalm member was treating the tires with Meguiar's new Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray (Trigger)

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After treating the vinyl top and tires, we checked the NXT Tech Wax to see if it was ready to remove. Most Meguiar's waxes will be ready to remove in 10-15 minutes after application or once they have dried to a haze. Another way to tell if a wax is ready to remove is to use what Meguiar's calls the Swipe Test

Here's a how-to article on how to perform the Swipe Test,

How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test

The Tech Wax swiped clear so we proceeded to remove it using Ultimate Wipe microfiber polishing cloths,

Then we backed Tori's Miata out into the sun so we could inspect our results,

The results were stellar!
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Next up!

We're going to learn how to take our result to an even higher level using Meguiar's G-100a dual action polisher.

Mike
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for the great pics Mike!

Comment

Oh man, That's fantastic! What a great article and set of pictures! And, of course, I get to see (and envy) all my California Miata pals!

LOL, I wonder, did my name get taken in vain?

Tom
                        As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Tom:

I don't know if your name was taken "in vain", but it was mentioned!

By the way, I'm the guy in the beige "Auto Trader" hat watching everyone else work! If you remember, you sent me some sample cleaners a few months back.

It was a great day. I learned quite a bit - especially about using my PC buffer more efficiently.

Take care...

Paul (Davis)

Comment

Detailing Clinic

Would love to have a detail day here in West Virginia
                            thats a Miata

Attached Files
                            Martin Laffey
                            2003/2004 World Champion in Usaci Sound Competion

Car Club www.teamsolo.net
                            Sponsor www.meguiars.com

Comment

DAMN.... so many miata's... hahah nice nice.

edwin

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');