• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Originally posted by rebelde33 View Post
    Very good question! I would like to know this as well.
    To be honest, I do not know as I do everything I can to avoid getting any product on the trim. I did ask and was told that as long as it does not sit on there too long, it should be OK. Of course, older trim will be more susceptible for staining.

In all honesty, even for quick detail jobs, the real key is to slow down and avoid anything that could potential cause a problem. I do not tape if I am using a DA, unless the vehicle has huge door gaps or something that potential could become a problem...

But when using a rotary, I always take the extra time to tape.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hey everyone just have to say got my one gallon d 151 today. Im so happy, Got a big buick to detail sunday. Also have to say a big thank you to mark at pal automotive in piscataway n.j. I placed a phone order for this , mark made the order very easy i must say. 2 day;s and i got it. First rate service.

Comment

Originally posted by mini44 View Post
        Does 151 stain the black plastic ? If I'm going to do a quickie it would be nice not to have to spend an hour taping.

Thanks
        I just did a detail on a Sienna minivan with D151 and I intentionally used it on the mirrors to test this theory out...

funny results much? Toyota used TWO different types of plastic on the halves of the mirror, on one half it HELPED to darken the plastic, and the other half reacted in the worst way possible

I got it all cleaned off, but learned my lesson. Like Meguiars always suggests...TEST it in an inconspicuous area first!

Comment

I am really interested in this new 151 and want to try it out... but... i am in Canada.

I could not find information on Canada dealer shipping... and as of this post i could not find it on the e-store yet.

next week maybe ?

anyone know?

Comment

Hello override welcome to mol. Check my first post, im in canada and i used pal auto in n.j. 2 days ups had it to my door. You can reach pal auto at -732-985-1716.

Comment

Thanks 9C1 - i will be calling them later today... i am also going to check a few local dealers to see if they have any yet or have an eta. i have a couple weeks to get it, so i am in no rush, but the stuff looks really , really good for someone on a time limit

Comment

ok, so i made a few calls locally... us Canadians don't get a lot of selection... Anyways, i even tried to find Hyper Dressing , NXT 2 , d151, etc. The guys i talked to at a couple places have not even heard of any of the products i asked for. the only thing i can find locally is M80, so at least that's a start.

looks like I have to order it and have the stuff i want shipped up here.

Comment

Your welcome. I had the same problem when i called around . Nobody ever heard of it.

Comment

Up date. Just did the black buick with the d151, all i can say is wowwwwwwwwww that stuff is unreal. used my g100 with a new 8006 pad. as tim said no need to go with a 9006. it will polish down that fine. The owner came over and her jaw hit the floor. lol.She was so happy. You guys will love this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 9C1 MAN View Post
                      Up date. Just did the black buick with the d151, all i can say is wowwwwwwwwww that stuff is unreal. used my g100 with a new 8006 pad. as tim said no need to go with a 9006. it will polish down that fine. The owner came over and her jaw hit the floor. lol.She was so happy. You guys will love this stuff.
                      Pretty cool huh??

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
                        Pretty cool huh??

Tim
                        You can say that again,

Comment

Just curious, how long would a gallon of this typically last? Has anyone found that 151 takes more product per application than other products?

My reason for asking is, I'm only going to work on a handful of cars in the next few months, so a gallon might be excessive.

NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                            Just curious, how long would a gallon of this typically last? Has anyone found that 151 takes more product per application than other products?

My reason for asking is, I'm only going to work on a handful of cars in the next few months, so a gallon might be excessive.

I haven't used it that much (Did a client's silver 4 door Civic today, did a client's Van last Tues, and tested a bit on my own) but it does seem to use a little more product than "usual." Usual being compared to a wax, but I guess it makes sense, maybe a little more than usual for a polish too. BUT, when you consider it is filling the place of two products...I guess it evens out and then some

Comment

Hi everybody. About D151, is it possible to use with rotary polisher?
                              The result is amazing... i could use one of these product... yummy

Comment

It can be used by hand, PC, and rotary. Just depends how aggressive you want it to be!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');