• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Originally posted by Darren F View Post
    why would anyone want to use NXT anymore if this cleans, corrects and protects all in one step either by hand or by machine?
    Because their applications are VERY different. D151 will offer some correction and some protection, but as with any hybrid ANYTHING there are sacrifices that must be made. NXT will do better AS A WAX/SEALANT than D151.

It would be a great idea in fact to follow up D151 with a coat of NXT if time allows, but then again that "sort of" defeats the purpose of the product in the first place

Comment

is it safe enough to use once a month without having any issues? I have a 2007 Lexus and was wondering if this would be ok to use everytime i detail my car
      Darren F

Comment

Originally posted by Darren F View Post
        is it safe enough to use once a month without having any issues? I have a 2007 Lexus and was wondering if this would be ok to use everytime i detail my car
        If you need to polish once a month because of defects in the paint, then you need to find the source of those defects because your simply wearing your paint thin. If your paint doesn't have defects in it after that month, then don't polish it unless you want to repaint the car every year or two.
        Wiseguys Auto Detailing

Serving North Florida

Comment

Great Review And Photos I Am An Info Junkie And I Just Got A Fix !
          Did You Try It On The Glass ?

Comment

That seems to be another great Meguiar's product. I can't wait to order a bottle!

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
              Great Review And Photos I Am An Info Junkie And I Just Got A Fix !
              Did You Try It On The Glass ?
              Thanks, I appreciate that!

Glass? Nope...that is probably the only surface I have not tried it on...yet. But I will, sometime today or tomorrow.

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hey Tim,

Since I just got some of this product and added it to my arsenal of many others. Can you give any updates as to how the D151 held up on the vehicles you have used it on?

Andy
                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

As always Tim, love to read your reviews and see your amazing work.
                  If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, .... is he still wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Nolan_k View Post
                    As always Tim, love to read your reviews and see your amazing work.
                    Thanks Nolan, I appreciate that!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post
                      Hey Tim,

Since I just got some of this product and added it to my arsenal of many others. Can you give any updates as to how the D151 held up on the vehicles you have used it on?

Andy
                      Hey Andy,

Sure, I have used it on paint, gel coat, RV's, glass and even plastic. The more I use the D151 the more I love it! I have used it to remove moderate marring, and just today, completed my travel trailer with pictures to follow. As a wax the D151, is holding up way better than I thought it would. My wife's car where I used the D151 is still beading nicely and is super glossy and smooth.

Meg's D151 works very well with Cutting, Polishing and Finishing foam pads. I particularly like how the D151 works with the rotary and the W-7207 Cutting Pad. It finishes down just awesome, leaving a finish that needs very little follow up!

One thing I did discover is that you do not want to over work the product or it can dust. But if you work it for the appropriate amount of time, it leaves a light residue that wipes off extremely easily with no smearing of any kind!

Finally, make sure with whatever container you choose to store the D151 in, make sure it has a larger spout opening as the product is really thick and not easily transferred through a small opening.

I will posts pics in the next couple of days...

Tim

Comment

Tim,

Thanks for the update. As always you are right there whenever someone has a question.
                        Next question....You know I still have those spots on the hood of my wifes Honda Accord. I know I have mentioned them to you before. So far I have gone over them multiple times with #83 and #80 with a G100 and an 8006 pad. Even though I just completed a full detail of it 2 weeks ago they are still there. This after going over them meticulously 2 times with #83 and once with #80. I have just recieved my D151, and my M105. Which do you recommend I proceed with next.

Thanks Buddy
                        Andy
                        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post
                          Tim,

Thanks for the update. As always you are right there whenever someone has a question.
                          Next question....You know I still have those spots on the hood of my wifes Honda Accord. I know I have mentioned them to you before. So far I have gone over them multiple times with #83 and #80 with a G100 and an 8006 pad. Even though I just completed a full detail of it 2 weeks ago they are still there. This after going over them meticulously 2 times with #83 and once with #80. I have just recieved my D151, and my M105. Which do you recommend I proceed with next.

Thanks Buddy
                          Andy
                          Hey Andy,

If you have used M83 for multiple attempts and the spots are still there, then one of two things is happening:

1. The paint is becoming hazed even from the M80. In which case I would suggest trying M66 or the new D151 with a Finishing Pad, with the G100 set to speed 3. Work the product for about a minute over a 18"x18" area using light pressure and the re-evaluate. I have worked on paints that even M82 left marring on and had to resort to my old trick of using M66 for final haze removal.

2. The spots are in the paint and can not be buffed out with a DA and may need a rotary.

Try the D151 on a test spot and report back. Post some updated photos perhaps in a new thread if you can so we can all get a better idea what we are dealing with...

Take care,
                          Happy Fishing
                          Tim

Comment

Thanks Tim. I will work on the new thread very soon. Have to finish painting first. UGH!

Andy
                            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

• Re: D151 What Norther C retailers sell it zip code 94931

Hello all,

Can anyone refer me to a place in the Santa Rosa area of Northern CA where could buy D51 retail? Trying to save on shipping costs.

Question part 2: I would be most likely be applying the product by hand - would a microfiber cloth/mit work ok?

Thanks!
                              new member Guenevere

Comment

Do we know when D151 will be available?

Is it a product that is allowed to dry to a haze before removing?

Looks and sounds great!!
                                Barry

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');