• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Originally posted by seth1066 View Post
    My limited experience, so far, with two similar products: D151 didn't work too well with BMW products, but I switched to M66 and it was spectacular. D151 was great on Saab, Honda and Nissan cars.
    How did you use it?

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
      How did you use it?

Andy
      As an lsp with a G110 after a rotary application of a more aggressive product like 105/95/83.

Comment

Originally posted by seth1066 View Post
        As an lsp with a G110 after a rotary application of a more aggressive product like 105/95/83.

What polish? 105 is totaly different tha M83? As is D151.

Andy
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
          What polish? 105 is totally different than M83? As is D151.

Andy
          I used105-D151 on the first BMW, didn't like the results, so I next did 83 then D151. Still didn't do it so I went to M66 which apparently the BMW paint liked better. On the other cars I did 105 or 95 (I started using 95 because the it's wetter than the original formula 105) followed by the D151.

Comment

This thread is over 30K views...

I know it takes a great deal of time to do these...

Great work Tim !!!

Thanks for all you do

Mike Pennington
            Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
            Meguiar's, Inc.
            800-854-8073
            mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

What can one say? Tim's detailing product reviews are simply the best that can be found on any detailing forum.
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Tim's reviews are thorough and detailed, (no pun intended), but most important is how many people are helped by them in both choosing the right product for the job and then using them to their maximum potential.

30,000 views and growing...

Nice work Tim.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Finally got to try D151 myself the other day. One thing I noticed about the product is that it tends to dry out quicker with the G-100 than do other cleaner waxes made by Meguiars. I would recommend a person mist the pad with water before trying any defect removal, or the product could dry out on you too quick.

On the other hand, at least I didn't have to wait too long to wipe it off.

When applied by machine, it dries much quicker than ColorX.

Smells great too.
                  r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper View Post
                    Finally got to try D151 myself the other day. One thing I noticed about the product is that it tends to dry out quicker with the G-100 than do other cleaner waxes made by Meguiars. I would recommend a person mist the pad with water before trying any defect removal, or the product could dry out on you too quick.

On the other hand, at least I didn't have to wait too long to wipe it off.

When applied by machine, it dries much quicker than ColorX.

Smells great too.
                    Hey Rusty!!!

It has been a while!!!

Meguiar's D151 is very thick, and with the new abrasives, causes one to somewhat re-learn the detailing methods.

If you prime the pad with D151 by placing a 2-3 rings of product around the pad, and then work it in with your fingers, then all it will take is a small ring of product for buffing each section. It does act similar to M105 and like I said, once a person gets through the learning curve, you will love it!!!

I just finished proofing part of Kevin Brown's paper in which he mentions the importance of priming the pads with product when working with SMAT abrasives. Believe me, it makes a huge difference!!

Take care Rusty and I am glad to see you are back!

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                      Hey Rusty!!!

It has been a while!!!

Meguiar's D151 is very thick, and with the new abrasives, causes one to somewhat re-learn the detailing methods.

If you prime the pad with D151 by placing a 2-3 rings of product around the pad, and then work it in with your fingers, then all it will take is a small ring of product for buffing each section. It does act similar to M105 and like I said, once a person gets through the learning curve, you will love it!!!

I just finished proofing part of Kevin Brown's paper in which he mentions the importance of priming the pads with product when working with SMAT abrasives. Believe me, it makes a huge difference!!

Take care Rusty and I am glad to see you are back!

Tim
                      I was hoping you would chime in Tim.

I'll have to research this topic about SMAT abrasives ASAP. I've been so pre-occupied with school that I don't have much time for anything else. I am behind the times on Meguiar's new products...way behind.

Good to hear from you again too!
                      r. b.

Comment

Hello there Tim, I'm thinking of ordering D-151 and I also have a Corolla S. Like you said, the paint is very hard, but I only have a G110 to work with. How do you think it will hold up if I use only a G110 with D151? The scratches look like the ones on your demo car.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelde33 View Post
                          Hello there Tim, I'm thinking of ordering D-151 and I also have a Corolla S. Like you said, the paint is very hard, but I only have a G110 to work with. How do you think it will hold up if I use only a G110 with D151? The scratches look like the ones on your demo car.
                          Hey,

As long as you limit the buffing area to 18"x18" and keep the speed set to #5 on the G110, the D151 will do an excellent job. Be sure to really work the product until it is a light residue, then remove with a MF towel. If it does not do it after a couple of passes, I would move up to M105, then use D151 and top with your favorite LSP.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                            Hey,

As long as you limit the buffing area to 18"x18" and keep the speed set to #5 on the G110, the D151 will do an excellent job. Be sure to really work the product until it is a light residue, then remove with a MF towel. If it does not do it after a couple of passes, I would move up to M105, then use D151 and top with your favorite LSP.

Tim
                            Thanks for the advice!

Comment

You can have mine, pm me. just pay the shipping

Comment

Originally posted by rebelde33 View Post
                                Thanks for the advice!
                                You are welcome!

There is a slight learning curve with D151, just like other products. But if you have some/any detailing experience, it will be easy!

If you have any other questions, just post away!

And...I think the below pic of my D151 supplies says it all...yep..I use a lot of it.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');