• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
    Do you use the same high quality MF you use on paint to clean the pads?

Or will just any cheap ones will do?
    The action required is to absorb the material on the pad, so I think either will work; I use terrycloth towels, but I think MF will do just as well.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
      Do you use the same high quality MF you use on paint to clean the pads?

Or will just any cheap ones will do?
      Some might say "NO Don't use the cheap ones because the fibers will go on the pad and then marr the paint!"

I just detailed a NSX using the KBM and cleaning the pad on the go with a costco MF, brought the car into the sunlight and no Marring evident.
      2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
      2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

Morning,

Great news!!! This review has now surpassed the 40,000 views!

It is my sincerest hope that it has helped many of those viewers!!!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

You are a humble man, your goal is to provide insight on how Meguiar's products work in everyday jargon aimed at the weekend warrior waxer and professionals alike.

I enjoy all your reviews Tim!
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

You can sure bet I enjoy reading every review Tim has done. Keep up the great work Tim. I cannot wait for your next review on some of the new 2010 products.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

This is a great review. I've probably viewed it over a dozen times myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                You are a humble man, your goal is to provide insight on how Meguiar's products work in everyday jargon aimed at the weekend warrior waxer and professionals alike.

Agreed, let's bring him back as the moderator again!

Comment

Originally posted by Caress Detailing View Post
                  Some might say "NO Don't use the cheap ones because the fibers will go on the pad and then marr the paint!"

I just detailed a NSX using the KBM and cleaning the pad on the go with a costco MF, brought the car into the sunlight and no Marring evident.
                  Costco yellow MF's are great. They pass the "cd scratch" test with no marring. They aren't as deep pile as some others, but they do not scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                    You can sure bet I enjoy reading every review Tim has done. Keep up the great work Tim. I cannot wait for your next review on some of the new 2010 products.
                    Originally posted by mr.haributo View Post
                    This is a great review. I've probably viewed it over a dozen times myself.
                    Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
                    Agreed, let's bring him back as the moderator again!

Wow! Thanks guys! Like I said, I am just glad the reviews have been helpful!!!

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                      *Update*

As I promised, I wanted to post a photo of my travel trailer that was completed with D151. I just can not get over how well this product works as it brought the RV's finish to a ultra high gloss with little effort. It is hard to capture just how glossy the finsih is, but here is a pic to give you an idea.

More to follow of the car etc....

Tim

I'm interested in this product just for this reason. I have a Haulmark enclosed trailer that I use for my motorcycles and would like to shine it up and remove the dried running rain lines (I hope u get the pic) from the top to the bottom of the trailer. Being that trailer paint is thin would you recommend this product for it and where does it lye when it comes to M205. So far I've been washing, claying and just applying NXT 2.0 but I think adding this before NXT may do some wonders but I dont wan't to mess up the trailer

Comment

Originally posted by pmason718 View Post
                        I'm interested in this product just for this reason. I have a Haulmark enclosed trailer that I use for my motorcycles and would like to shine it up and remove the dried running rain lines (I hope u get the pic) from the top to the bottom of the trailer. Being that trailer paint is thin would you recommend this product for it and where does it lye when it comes to M205. So far I've been washing, claying and just applying NXT 2.0 but I think adding this before NXT may do some wonders but I dont wan't to mess up the trailer
                        I can't speak for Tim, but I seriously doubt PRC would damage the paint on your trailer.
                        r. b.

Comment

hi guys,

I recently bought a gallon of d151, w8207 2.0soft buff foam polishing pad, w6814 backing plate,x-2010 supreme mf towel n dewalt 849 rotary to start detailing my car. Before i started i prime the pad wit 't' on the pad like in the training video in youtube. Then I set the speed of the rotary to 1400rpm for first cuting with 2 passes left right n up down moderate motion on a 18"x18" surface n finished it wit 1000rpm wit slow moving on the rotary. After buffing, i found out the paint has a lot of hologram marks. What is the causes of all those holograms.?
                          Btw, Iam still a newbie n learn from reading MOL before
                          decided to purhased a 'detailing package' for myself.. haha...

Is it because of experience.?

Comment

Originally posted by preciseDetailer View Post
                            hi guys,

I recently bought a gallon of d151, w8207 2.0soft buff foam polishing pad, w6814 backing plate,x-2010 supreme mf towel n dewalt 849 rotary to start detailing my car. Before i started i prime the pad wit 't' on the pad like in the training video in youtube. Then I set the speed of the rotary to 1400rpm for first cuting with 2 passes left right n up down moderate motion on a 18"x18" surface n finished it wit 1000rpm wit slow moving on the rotary. After buffing, i found out the paint has a lot of hologram marks. What is the causes of all those holograms.?
                            Btw, Iam still a newbie n learn from reading MOL before
                            decided to purhased a 'detailing package' for myself.. haha...

Is it because of experience.?
                            Have you ever used a rotary before? If not, that is probably one big issue. Holograms are usually caused from the pad not being level, or the detailer moving too quickly across the paint (sometimes a combo of both).

Also, please don't post the same question to multiple threads.
                            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                              Have you ever used a rotary before? If not, that is probably one big issue. Holograms are usually caused from the pad not being level, or the detailer moving too quickly across the paint (sometimes a combo of both).

Also, please don't post the same question to multiple threads.
                              I think that is the main cause. This is the first time in my life to used a rotary to polish a car. Thanks for the correction.

sorry for the multiple threads, I thought it will be faster if i post a new topic.

Comment

HeyHey, I've just discovered that this is available in NZ, there is some on it's way to try out as we speak I hope it's as good as it sounds.
                                We tried a Malco product called Rejuvinate a while back that promised similar things but it just filled the scratches temporarily and customers complained. I don't like it when that happens.
                                Best to stick with the best methinks...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');