• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
    So I will be using it on my truck and Corolla Sport to so that I can give an accurate assessment of the durability of the wax.

I hope that is OK...

Tim
    This is what I was hoping to hear! Keep us updated Tim
    Thanks again

Comment

Oh mine....when this product going to be on sales ??

Comment

When can I start bugging the nice guy at the PBE store?

What is the anticipated release date?

Comment

OH MY DEAR LORD!

Thanks so much for this review. I was going to buy some anyways but this is so reassuring.....even with the G110!!!

Thanks again!!!
          www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by g88 View Post
            Oh mine....when this product going to be on sales ??
            Originally posted by BINGO53 View Post
            When can I start bugging the nice guy at the PBE store?

What is the anticipated release date?
            Available May 2008 (Most likely towards the end of the month)

Suggested Retail Price: $35.00/Gallon

Mike
            Mike Pennington
            Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
            Meguiar's, Inc.
            800-854-8073
            mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
              Meguiar’s D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream is a strong cleaner, polish and wax all-in-one type of product.
              Nice review Tim and thanks for waiting until you actually had the product rather than speculating about its performance as you mentioned.

Anyway, I had a question, since this is an all-in-1, did you wait and let this dry (because of the wax)? Or did you wipe it right after working it in (ala M83)?

Thanks.
              I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

At first I thought you had gotten rid of the Corolla S and got that CE but then I saw the pic where it shows in the background.

Thanks for posting up the review. Now I really can't wait until the product comes out! How much time did it take you to do the whole car with M151 as opposed to using 3 products separately?

Comment

Originally posted by Playr View Post
                  Nice review Tim and thanks for waiting until you actually had the product rather than speculating about its performance as you mentioned.

Anyway, I had a question, since this is an all-in-1, did you wait and let this dry (because of the wax)? Or did you wipe it right after working it in (ala M83)?

Thanks.
                  Good question! I treated it like M83 and wiped it off right after buffing it.

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by rebelde33 View Post
                    At first I thought you had gotten rid of the Corolla S and got that CE but then I saw the pic where it shows in the background.

Thanks for posting up the review. Now I really can't wait until the product comes out! How much time did it take you to do the whole car with M151 as opposed to using 3 products separately?
                    Nope...still have the Sport and it is running excellent so no changes planned for a while.

Because it is a one step, you are definitely saving a lot of time. But one needs to keep in mind however, that you will most likely get better performance from doing individual steps as you have more control over what is being done for each step. As such, this product will work fantastic as a one step designed for the reconditioning arena.

Tim

Comment

How well does it finish down via rotary? I have some customers at an office whose boss pays for one steps exterior details on their cars. None of them are really car people (one has floor mats with pictures of cats on it ) so as long as their cars shine they are pretty happy. However, I'd like to get more correction than #66 or Optimum's Poli-Seal can give but at the same time, finish out hologram free with the rotary. I'd prefer to stick with rotary only now that I have the hang of it.
                      Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Hey Scott,

It has been a while!

It finsihes down just like M66. It has more cut than M83 and leaves a beautiful finish. It should be ideal for those situations you describe. Keep in mind, I have not tested it in high heat yet (since you detail in high temps), but I will as soon as we get a really hot day.

Tim

Comment

Something that just came to mind...What about topping off with a more substantial wax, like M26 or NXT 2.0, as a really nice touch?

For my black daily (shopping cart abused) driver, I often for lack of time, will use ColorX topped with another wax, it looks good to the non car people around me, and is appreciated by the real car folk as really great considering what it is, and what it is used for. (07 Black Equinox)

I have a couple of friend's cars coming up and am considering something along that line.

Comment

Very much looking forward to trying this stuff. Looks like it will be another great product to add to the arsenal.
                            If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing how it finished down on soft paint, such as a black car. Right now, on my Grand Prix, 80 leaves marring with the PC, 82 leaves a slight haze, 66, does a pretty good job but from all the experimenting I've done, i've found PolySeal leaves behind the a really nice marring free finish that I can go to an LSP. I will be curious to see how this product finishes down.

Comment

Great review Tim, waiting to give D151 a shot when it comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');