• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Originally posted by BINGO53 View Post
    Something that just came to mind...What about topping off with a more substantial wax, like M26 or NXT 2.0, as a really nice touch?

For my black daily (shopping cart abused) driver, I often for lack of time, will use ColorX topped with another wax, it looks good to the non car people around me, and is appreciated by the real car folk as really great considering what it is, and what it is used for. (07 Black Equinox)

I have a couple of friend's cars coming up and am considering something along that line.
    It should look awesome with a coat of NXT 2 over it.

Comment

Great review as always Tim. That Corrolla looks like a mirror. Thanks for taking the time to do such a thorough job. Looks like another product is coming to house. Thanks again.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        Great review as always Tim. That Corrolla looks like a mirror. Thanks for taking the time to do such a thorough job. Looks like another product is coming to house. Thanks again.
        Thanks for the kind comments! I really do appreciate it!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

So it's going to be out in a few weeks, might have to give it a try.

Comment

Just an update!

I had a chance to apply it to the trunk/bumper section of my wife's car. This area of the car always gets a little more swirled due to accessing the trunk. Since it is on my own vehicle, I can now follow the changes over time and should be able to see how well the wax in this all-in-one is holding up. Pics to follow!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
              Just an update!

I had a chance to apply it to the trunk/bumper section of my wife's car. This area of the car always gets a little more swirled due to accessing the trunk. Since it is on my own vehicle, I can now follow the changes over time and should be able to see how well the wax in this all-in-one is holding up. Pics to follow!

Tim
              Great can't wait to see how well it holds up. Pics are always a must!

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
                Pics to follow!
                Tim

Comment

Originally posted by rebelde33 View Post
                  Great can't wait to see how well it holds up. Pics are always a must!
                  One thing you never ever have to worry about with Tim. He always takes pictures and does an unbiased and complete review.

Andy
                  101impala
                  Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                  Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Yes, nice write-up, Tim.

Anyone that's done a write-up knows that it takes a lot of time...
                    First you've got to get all the pictures, then take the time to post 'em all...
                    Then do the write-up!

Tim's are always chock full of nice pictures and he tells the good and the bad.

That is one TIDY garage!!
                    Kevin Brown
                    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

Great write up Tim. Thanks for the time you took to do this. I'm going to buy a gallon of this for my detailing bag. I can't wait to try this out on my black paint.
                      2016 Focus ST

Comment

Tim:
                        Very nice review. I am interested in the longevity of the product as well. I have to admit I do not use a lot of Meguiar's products but the ones I do use I really like. I use mostly 81 and 83. I am not a pro but I like to keep my families rides looking decent.

I am really interested in this product for my daily beater, a 91 Sonoma pick up. I have started to use up the remainder of a boutique liquid wax on the vehicle after every washing. Only takes another hour and a half after a wash. Once this is used up I plan on buying this product for my exterior finish. The finish on the Sonoma is really bad due to a lousy paint job my dad had done and no one really looking after the finish. It is a single stage paint job that is showing its age and miles.

Have you applied Meguiar's Tech Wax over the D151? I like the Tech Wax as well. I used up my first bottle of Tech Wax and told myself that I was going to use up other detailing products before buying any more. As you probably know it is easy to get caught up buying the latest great review product. Then the next thing you know you have products going bad on a shelf.

One other off topic comment, If any members have a chance to attend a Meguiar’s clinic you need to attend. I attended one in Baltimore two years ago and felt is was time well spent. Mike Phillips is one great guy and shares his knowledge very freely. I keep hoping for another clinic in the Washington DC area.

-Tom in Maryland-

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
                          Yes, nice write-up, Tim.

Anyone that's done a write-up knows that it takes a lot of time...
                          First you've got to get all the pictures, then take the time to post 'em all...
                          Then do the write-up!

Tim's are always chock full of nice pictures and he tells the good and the bad.

That is one TIDY garage!!
                          Thanks Kevin!

Here are the pictures of my wife's car with the D151 on the back end of the car. Keep in mind I only have a small sample so I could only use it on the back of the car. The remainder will be used on my truck for a dark color comparison.

Tim

Comment

Just a question, Tim.

Since u mentioned this product is somewhere between somewhere between M83 and M86. How would u rate its cutting power ?

What the working time like compare to M86 alone ?

Comment

I forgot the obvious...Can the older model G-100 work it satisfactorily?

Comment

Originally posted by BINGO53 View Post
                                I forgot the obvious...Can the older model G-100 work it satisfactorily?
                                I'm pretty sure it can. All DAs are basically the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');