• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

How does this compare to #66 quik detailer?
    I use #66 quite a bit and was wondering if this is about the same or if not what are the differences.

Comment

Originally posted by BINGO53 View Post
      I forgot the obvious...Can the older model G-100 work it satisfactorily?
      Sure...no problem. The G100 will work just fine with the D151.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
        How does this compare to #66 quik detailer?
        I use #66 quite a bit and was wondering if this is about the same or if not what are the differences.
        The new D151 uses the new Super-Micro Abrasive technology which means it cuts very well but finished out beautifully! The D151 is more aggressive than M66, as it is between M83 and M86 (Solo).

I have used a lot of M66 Quick Detailer (Quik Detailer is the QD spray and not the one step wax), but the more I use the D151 the more I like it!

Tim

Comment

Thats good to know, our Neon is very high maintenance and ColorX doesn't "cut" it. I may switch to that as my inbetween detail swirl buster.

Thanks for the information.

Aaron
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Tim, you mentioned both DA and Rotary . . . if used with a Rotary, what RPM setting would you recommend? And, based on the cut with DA/8000 pad, would it be best to use 8000 pad with rotary as well?

BTW, great review and wonderful results!

Look forward to hearing more about this product and working it in to the business . . . after I finish off my gallon of M66!
            Have you diminished your abrasives today?
            Wilson's Precision Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by st-dubtx View Post
              Tim, you mentioned both DA and Rotary . . . if used with a Rotary, what RPM setting would you recommend? And, based on the cut with DA/8000 pad, would it be best to use 8000 pad with rotary as well?
              I am sure Tim will chime in, but here are some thoughts....

It is always tough to say what is best...

Best is be dictated by the condition of the car, how much time you wish/can spend on it, and what the expectations of the car owner are....

With that said....

RPM speed could be as low as 1000 or as high as 2000. Just depends on how the bad the paint is and what your trying to do.

That also holds true for pads also...Wool for moderate to bad paint, foam for not so bad paint.

Mike
              Mike Pennington
              Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
              Meguiar's, Inc.
              800-854-8073
              mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

And always try least aggresive first. I'm a chicken, so I start with PC/8006 and move up to rotary with 8006 if PC can't handle it. I used a wool pad on a rotary just once.

Preparation is key.

Comment

Thanks Tim for this great write up.

I read somewhere in the forum you can get deffirent results by using deffirent Pads and application method..

Did you use it as cleaner wax? or you used the deffirent Pads?

Nice job, though.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by st-dubtx View Post

BTW, great review and wonderful results!

Look forward to hearing more about this product and working it in to the business . . . after I finish off my gallon of M66!
                    With the rotary, I would use it at around 1300-1500 rpm with a W-8006 polishing pad for moderate defect removal. But like Mike mentioned, it depends heavily on the way the paint behaves/reacts. D151 cuts really well, so I would suggest using it with the G-110 first and then moving to the rotary if needed.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by asim_296 View Post
                      Thanks Tim for this great write up.

I read somewhere in the forum you can get deffirent results by using deffirent Pads and application method..

Did you use it as cleaner wax? or you used the deffirent Pads?

Nice job, though.

Thanks again
                      I did try it with both polishing and finishing pads. In most cases, it polished out so well with the W-8006 Polishing Pad, I really did not need to follow it with the W-9006 Finishing Pad, though I did as I wanted to see just how fine the product would polished down to...and I was amazed!

Tim

Comment

I want some, and I want some now!!! I have a big event coming up in June and I hope I can get some and use it in time!

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                          I want some, and I want some now!!! I have a big event coming up in June and I hope I can get some and use it in time!
                          Hey Tyler,

It will be here soon!

Tim

Comment

I know! It's just everytime you recommend something to me, I seem to lose money! Still need to pick up some M03 from the last recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                              I know! It's just everytime you recommend something to me, I seem to lose money! Still need to pick up some M03 from the last recommendation.
                              I hear ya, my wife is going to kill me someday. She sees all of my stuff and says "you need more?"

But of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers: [B
                                ...[/B]She sees all of my stuff and says "you need more?"
                                But of course!
                                I think I get the drift of that one. Have you ever heard this one?
                                "With all these boxes and boxes of tools you can't get the old part off? You HAVE to have another wrench thingie !! ??"

(I really did need a crows foot)

I think I need the D151 to do a friends paint abused truck. It is swirl-city, and he most likely will continue to wash it from a garbage can filled with whatever soap happens to be around the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');