• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

I sleep all the time...until my well paid spys wake me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Rose View Post
      OK, I'll say it...

It isn't so!

I'm the project lead on the PRC product. I'm not aware of any delay in production and we are on-time/on schedule.

I'll also say...have yourself a great Memorial Day weekend, then come back and place your order for D151 PRC!

Whew! Good to know.

PS - Somebody should probably let everyone in C/S know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Rose View Post
        OK, I'll say it...

It isn't so!

I'm the project lead on the PRC product. I'm not aware of any delay in production and we are on-time/on schedule.

I'll also say...have yourself a great Memorial Day weekend, then come back and place your order for D151 PRC!
        And they say only the Mikes know what is going on!
        (That sounded weird!)

Thanks Jason. This is probably the most exciting product of the year for me.
        www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Hey, I'm not really active over here on MOL but I do like to check in and see the cool stuff. On other Detailing Forums there doesn't seem to be as much appreciation for the shops that do fast/production-line like details, but I beg to differ. I detail on the side and after 2 years of trying and buying the pricey flavor of the month boutique brands and working my middle-aged butt off for 10 bucks (or less) a hour - I had one of those "My Name is Earl" moments.

I realized that 90% of my customers just want a clean shiney car - that I can get with either 21 or 26 or if they want, 21 topped with 26. Also, what's the point of doing multiple step paint correction on a 10 year old Toyota with 150K miles that the guy takes to the coin wash every 6 months.

This 151 sounds like exactly what I've been needing for a long time. I'll still have my high dollar stuff for the few customers that really care and APPRECIATE my work, sure could stand a few more of them.

Ya'll hurry up and stock those shelves, May only has a few days left.

Comment

Rumor has it it will be available tomorrow.
            I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

So we're looking at Wednesday for a release ??

I'm stoked about this a product with the aggressiveness of #83 and the finishing power of #66 is amazing... Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Junebug View Post
                Also, what's the point of doing multiple step paint correction on a 10 year old Toyota with 150K miles that the guy takes to the coin wash every 6 months. This 151 sounds like exactly what I've been needing for a long time.
                You nailed it. Too many people don't understand that the average person just wants a shiny car, not a show car, at least they don't want to pay for show car results and they're not going to do the work it takes to maintain a show car finish.

Evaluate the customer first, then the paint. Don't sell show car detailing work to a person using their car as a daily driver. Understanding this is key to making your customer happy as well as you, not too mention it will keep you from burning out.

I'll still have my high dollar stuff for the few customers that really care and APPRECIATE my work, sure could stand a few more of them.
                Perfect.

Great post, great insight.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Junebug,
                  that's my customer base as well, 90% of them have no clue, they want a wash/wax and want it as cheap as they can. your post is spot on, that's why I turned to using Polyseal on quickie's but this sounds like it will be more agressive.

Tom

Comment

I agree with Junebug and Mike P.
                    This why I'm so excited about this product. Heck half (maybe more) don't know that swirls can even be removed without a repaint! The worse thing is, you remove them all and then you have to keep them out! I simply don't open my mouth and state that I can remove them. They are glad to see gloss again. Most of my multi steps are for personal gain and glory.
                    www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

• Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Hi everyone. If someone could post a place
                      where i could get some d 151 that would be great. Here in canada it could be forever. im close to the niag falls us / canada border . tks john

Comment

Wow, Mike Phillips, Tom Weed and Justin30513 - Thanks guys! I had sorta started to get my flame suit on thinking I'd get nailed for telling it like I saw it but you guys made my whole week. I think back on when I started detailing, I wanted to try everything, I wanted the best of the best, I believed everything in the sales description in the on-line stores and I wanted my customers to be so wow'd that they'd be willing to advertise for me. Yes, I was a big dummy! I soon learned that a high price doesn't guarantee the best product, that nobody cares if the underside of the hood is waxed on a daily driver or the backside of the tire is dressed.

Quote:
                        Evaluate the customer first, then the paint. Don't sell show car detailing work to a person using their car as a daily driver. Understanding this is key to making your customer happy as well as you, not too mention it will keep you from burning out.

I printed that out and have it framed - best advice I've ever heard!

Comment

Quote:

I printed that out and have it framed - best advice I've ever heard!
                          So true! I had close to the same quote on my desk when I was in the car business. Qualify, qualify, and then qualify!

My boss always told me.......
                          "You have two ears and one mouth........guess what you should be doing twice the amount of? LISTENING!"
                          www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Bump....

Comment

Originally posted by 9C1 MAN View Post
                              Hi everyone. If someone could post a place
                              where i could get some d 151 that would be great. Here in canada it could be forever. im close to the niag falls us / canada border . tks john
                              Originally posted by 9C1 MAN View Post
                              Bump....
                              It's has not been posted yet that it's shipping, so for right now no one can get any. We should know more very soon.

As for getting it in Canada, you may have to find an alternative way.

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

When I called today the representative said they are hoping for Mid June release...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');