• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

I live in Ottawa, Canada and order supplies from Rick at ADS.. he ships it UPS to the UPS store in Ogdensburg and I drive down pay the lady 5 bucks and bring it back.

I declare the shipment at the border pay my taxes and go on my way.

Even with paying for shipping and driving down it is well worth the effort. For example NXT 1.0 from Crappy Tire is 29.95.. NXT 2.0 from ADS along with two microfiber towels is 14.95 ( I consider the exchange almost even now).. pretty good deal

Rick gives outstanding service at reasonable prices.. that is how I and my friends get products into Canada.

JM

Comment

Do twey have ADS in Plattsburgh or Burlington?

Comment

ADS is located in Phoenix, AZ. It isn't a chain of stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          ...Too many people don't understand that the average person just wants a shiny car, not a show car, at least they don't want to pay for show car results and they're not going to do the work it takes to maintain a show car finish.

Evaluate the customer first, then the paint. Don't sell show car detailing work to a person using their car as a daily driver. Understanding this is key to making your customer happy as well as you, not too mention it will keep you from burning out.

Wise words...I'll have to remember that.
          r. b.

Comment

Ok thanks mike and jimbox i think il go with rick at ads.

Comment

Delayed until June?

Comment

I would really appreciate an update from someone at Meguiar's about the release date. Jason Rose posted last week that we would be able to come back from Memorial Day Weekend and order the 151. Now we are in the next weekend and still no word. Please don't get our hopes up just to let us down again, and someone please give us a real and official answer.
                "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Shine Shop View Post
                  I would really appreciate an update from someone at Meguiar's about the release date. Jason Rose posted last week that we would be able to come back from Memorial Day Weekend and order the 151. Now we are in the next weekend and still no word. Please don't get our hopes up just to let us down again, and someone please give us a real and official answer.
                  According to ADS' site "production delay, available June 2008". But guys, really, are we an impatient bunch or what? You know what they say, "late for a date, but worth the wait", right?

Comment

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
                    According to ADS' site "production delay, available June 2008". But guys, really, are we an impatient bunch or what? You know what they say, "late for a date, but worth the wait", right?
                    But they gave us a date.......May. Oh well.
                    www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by justin30513 View Post
                      But they gave us a date...
                      So would a date but you are not going to walk away if she doesn't show up to the second sharp, are you? If she is worth the wait you will not complain and will wait, correct? You would expect same from her, right? After all she/you might be stuck in traffic and it is not her/your fault, is it?

Personally I don't see it as a big deal. We waited on M105 and it was worth it, we can wait on D151 too. I would rather have it late than never so let's just be happy it is coming, world will not end nor there will be unfinished work if it comes with some delay.

Comment

Wise words Zoran!

One quesion for the nice Meguiar's tech folks, how much cut and how much filling would you say 151 has?

Comment

Originally posted by Junebug View Post
                          Wise words Zoran!

One quesion for the nice Meguiar's tech folks, how much cut and how much filling would you say 151 has?
                          Hey,

Actually I addressed that in my review in the beginning of this thread. But just to quote myself:

"The first thing I noticed when using the D151 that it is fairly thick, with a similar consistency to Solo Cut and Polish Cream. In fact, when looking through the translucent bottle, I could see small air bubbles indicating that the product had a thicker consistency. I found that it had substantially more cut when using it with the Rotary polisher which is to be expected. The product finished down very nicely and had an average amount of working time. I finished the sections using the D151 with the G-110. I then did an isopropyl alcohol wipe down just to see if anything remained. The swirls were completely removed. Any product that contains a wax with the intended purpose of leaving something on the finish for protection will have a very slight filling capability. BUT I wanted to see if the Unigrit Technology was actually removing the swirls, and indeed it was.
                          The cut is also between M83 and Solo M86.

I hope that helps!

Tim
                          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
                            So would a date but you are not going to walk away if she doesn't show up to the second sharp, are you? If she is worth the wait you will not complain and will wait, correct? You would expect same from her, right? After all she/you might be stuck in traffic and it is not her/your fault, is it?

Personally I don't see it as a big deal. We waited on M105 and it was worth it, we can wait on D151 too. I would rather have it late than never so let's just be happy it is coming, world will not end nor there will be unfinished work if it comes with some delay.
                            Seconds (to quote you Zoran) and days are totally different.

This had nothing to with how good a product will be or if it's worth waiting for.

But you always have to be right so you are.
                            www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Hey guys,

Like all things, sometimes things take longer than anticipated. Just know that Meguiar's is working VERY hard at getting the D151 ready for sale. And believe me, it will be worth the wait!!!

Tim
                              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I can wait. After all, Meguiar's is trying their best to give us quality products. I'm sure they're not delaying on purpose. They would want their customers' satisfaction before anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');