• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Originally posted by justin30513 View Post
    Seconds (to quote you Zoran) and days are totally different.

This had nothing to with how good a product will be or if it's worth waiting for.

But you always have to be right so you are.
    Seconds, days, weeks, so what? One really needs to put things in perspective. Plus putting a new product on the market is not really as simple and easy as "I'll meet you at 7".

But you know what, this could really go off topic big time and it already did as this is "D151 review" thread, not "D151 count down" thread, and I am not even slightly interested in that so I am out.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
      so I am out.
      Good.

Can't wait to use this product!
      www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

ETA from ADS is 9th June. Cant wait to get a gallon and try them out. Few of my buddies were looking for a economic solution for making their daily car shine so D151 might just be the one i'm looking for.

Tim
        Learning new things everyday

Comment

PRC (D151) is now available in the U.S. ....

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Mike
          Mike Pennington
          Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
          Meguiar's, Inc.
          800-854-8073
          mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
            PRC (D151) is now available in the U.S. ....

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Mike
            Its not in stock at ADS yet
            AeroCleanse, LLC
            Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Just an update!

As I said in my review at the beginning of this thread, I have been using the D151 on several paints as well as different surfaces just to see how it reacts etc...

I also mentioned that I have both customer cars with it on as well as my own so that I can provide an objective and subjective opinions. As I said, I need to see it in both cases as I know what I have done to my own vehicles after the D151 was used.

I used the D151 on my truck's tailgate about a month ago. It was a long winter and the back of the truck had some slight marring. I figured this would be an excellent test as the truck has a deep dark green color that shows the slightest marring. If it is not perfect, believe me, it shows up! I used the D151 with the G-110 and a W-8006 pad followed by D151 on a W-9006 for extra refinement.

The D151 did an excellent job, finishing down to a beautiful high gloss with no micro-marring. The paint is rich, deep and glossy.

I will keep everyone updated and will do a follow up this weekend as I get a chance to see the other cars the D151 was applied to as well.

Here is the results of D151:

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks for the update Tim.
                Update us when you evaluate the other cars, I want to know how it holds up

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
                  Thanks for the update Tim.
                  Update us when you evaluate the other cars, I want to know how it holds up
                  Will do! I will try and get some photos as long as it does not rain!

Tim

Comment

My gallon is due on Monday
                    AeroCleanse, LLC
                    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

My gallon will be here in about 3 hours via ups can;t wait.

Comment

Does 151 stain the black plastic ? If I'm going to do a quickie it would be nice not to have to spend an hour taping.

Thanks

Comment

Comment

I'm sorry if it's been asked but I have no time to go through 11 pages right now... once you polish with D151 and, let's say 8006 pad, will there be any bonding issues if you use a wax/sealant right after, as you would with another polish? If it's possible to layer a wax/sealant over it, which ones are recommended?
                            Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
                            Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Originally posted by lecchilo View Post
                              I'm sorry if it's been asked but I have no time to go through 11 pages right now... once you polish with D151 and, let's say 8006 pad, will there be any bonding issues if you use a wax/sealant right after, as you would with another polish? If it's possible to layer a wax/sealant over it, which ones are recommended?

There will be no issues at all as Meguiar's products are designed to work together. So topping the D151 with a Meg's wax or sealant will not be a problem!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by mini44 View Post
                                Does 151 stain the black plastic ? If I'm going to do a quickie it would be nice not to have to spend an hour taping.

Thanks
                                Very good question! I would like to know this as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');