• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Car Wash do you like the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Car Wash do you like the best?

For the price, I don't think Gold Class can be beat.

Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

GC car wash is easy to get as well as NXT but I would like to try #62 someday.

Aaron
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I voted Gold Class. I like the suds, lubricity and smell.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I like them all, other than the two Detailer lines which I haven't tried; IMO Gold Class is clearly superior to the others. I chose mostly on lubricity, with secondary points for ease of availability. My second choice is #62. I'm not a fan of NXT. Although it works well, it is too viscous. I decant my product into smaller bottles, and the NXT takes forever to flow.
          As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

I voted for GC B4. After using NXT I'll stick with GC due to the higher lubricity and gloss. I "think" the cleaning ability was a bit better with the GC because my WW was totally clean after using GC and not with the NXT albeit my ride was a bit dirtier B4 using the NXT and I used a cotton mitt with the GC and a MF mitt with the NXT. I just got back from an 800 mi trip so I'll give the NXT a try with the cotton mitt (which has bit more bite) and see how well NXT cleans.

Comment

I have used all the Meguiar's washes and Gold Class is hands down the best, for a couple reasons. Cost and availability; Wal-Mart has it for about $6 (64oz) and sometimes Costco as well for about $9 (Gallon). Shine and slickness is great and it seems to do a pretty good job cleaning. Suds and smell are great with this product as well.

The things that turned me away from the detailer line washes after I used them was that they seemed to clean too well/not leave a good shine behind. The suds and smells are great but they don't leave the shine that Gold Class does.

NXT is right behind Gold Class in my books but the thing that separates the two is the smell and suds. I never got good suds out of it and the smell is too strong and it smells like I'm waxing my car because NXT Tech Wax smells exactly the same...for some reason it didn't sit right with me.

Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                Which Car Wash do you like the best?

NXT Generation® Car Wash
                Deep Crystal® Car Wash
                Soft Wash Gel
                Gold Class™ Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
                #00 Hi-Tech Wash
                #62 Carwash Shampoo & Conditioner
                D110 Hyper-Wash
                D111 Shampoo Plus

If possible, also reply to the thread and state why you like it? For example perhaps you like the car wash because it's easy to find at your local store? Or you like a particular car wash because you like the suds or cost?

Thanks!

At least I'm not using Dawn!

One of the obvious questions is does the type of car wash make a “REAL” difference, and if so what? I have used NXT Generation® Car Wash & Deep Crystal® Car Wash and they both do the job so why should I change, or why should I pay any more if there doing the job?

I'm puzzled & confused.
                ---
                Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Wow, I haven't posted on this site forever!

Anyway, my #1 choice is NXT. Followed by GC. I like them almost equally as much. But NXT just seems to leave a jaw-dropping shine on my vehicles after every wash, as if I had not only washed the car but also just waxed it too! (my vehicles are all dark colors).

Comment

I use NXT at home, deep crystal at my girls.
                    If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I use Deep Crystal right now, when I buy more, I'll try gold class, I havent used it on my own car, but I've seen the results on a friends car, and loved it. One of the things that amazes me, is that after a Megs wash and wax, I havent found any other car wash that gives anywhere near the shine, from just a wash. Thanks megs!
                      2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

I like to use hyperwash because it suds up real well. Alittle goes a long way. I have also used NXT and liked it.

Comment

Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
                          Watch my video on YouTube!!!
                          My Renault Clio! ---------- My Audi A3!
                          What's my ideal engine? HEMI 440 SixPack!!!!

Comment

I voted for NXT Gen. Which I use good pic. an I like the suds it makes.
                            WILDFOXSR

Comment

I've only used GC because of it's availability. You can offset its cost by purchasing the GC detailing kits during the holidays- especially after Christmas . GC works well for me, but I don't get much sudsing action from it. I'll check the bottle to see if there is a ratio I need to follow.

Purpose of the thread? Probably observing perception of products along with why we choose one product over another.
                              -Freeman

Comment

Except for the Hyper-Wash, all of the soap dilutions are 128:1, or basically one ounce per gallon of water.
                                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');