• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Car Wash do you like the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Car Wash do you like the best?

hmmmm, maybe thats why i may need to try the NXT, since the only water that I am able to use is hard water... thx for the info
    Ganesa,
    Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Bought a Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner product the first time few weeks ago. It rained too much for last 2 weeks then suddenly it got clear but too hot lately that it prevented me some time to take the opp to wash my car.

But finally, I took the opp yesterday morning to wash it with that product and indeed, the car shines wonderfully, awesome!

It was quite too hot at the end of car washing and worn my arm out! But it was worth it after all.

Also used the GC leather & conditioner wipes for the leather seats which worked great, too.

Yet I need to buy tire spray or something so gonna check them at Meguiar's and check the comments online soon as well. I just wiped the wheels yesterday, and it worked good for now. lol

Comment

Gold Class is awesome

Comment

I've used NXT and Gold Class wash.

I think NXT does a better job at emulsifying dirt and contaminants when I do my presoak (I use a 1gal pump sprayer to presoak for ~5mins).
          Suds seem to be about the same, although NXT might seem more slippery, which I like. I'm also fond of the grape smell of NXT .

I'm not too crazy about Gold Class' smell--It smells like...outdoor mosquito candle oil?

Funny how people like the lubricity of Gold Class, but I find that the opposite is true. Gold class is great, and I have 2 64oz jugs of it, but if given the option, I'd always give NXT the slight edge .

I think Gold Class might also win with a lot of people for the loyalty factor, as it is a great shampoo, but also has probably been on the market longer, and the only easily identifiable benefit of NXT is the smell .

Comment

I have always been using the GC, and I just bought the NXT shampoo..
            while washing my car this morning, the surface seems really smooth and slippery after the wash, and the smell it gave was incredible...
            Ganesa,
            Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
              I prefer Gold Class, but NXT has softners in it that adapt to hard water. NXT also has better cleaning ability than Gold Class.

Right now my top three are Shampoo Plus, Gold Class, and NXT.
              Agreed- when I lived out of town a bit, we had harder water, and the Gold Class didn't want to sud up as well, or last as long. The NXT was better for that.

Now that I'm back in town, we have really good water, and the Gold Class suds up nicely (as does the NXT) but I think the Gold Class shines up a little better, and the UQD seems to pop more off the Gold Class on my car. So, I hand 1/2 bottle of NXT on the shelf, and a nearly empty bottle of Gold Class next to my buckets.
              2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
              2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

NXT for me. Although GC is a close second.

Comment

shampoo plus for me...very gentle on the paint...foams up like crazy and for 14 bucks a gallon, i love it. smells amazing too
                  Addicted

Comment

Tuff one, liked the nxt and the gold class but voted for shampoo plus, because of the nice glossy smooth finish and smelled pretty good!

Haved used all except hyper wash and #62. But like others I too use gold class about 95% of the time because of price and easy to get from the local auto discounts but the big plus would be that it is just a good quality wash.

Nxt does leave a great gloss and smelled pretty good too but haven't used in awhile. Since this thread maybe go check on buying another bottle.

Also liked the #00 wash when I was wet sanding, just my two cents
                    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Gold Class...I like et alot! Like how the cars feels after washing with it.

Comment

ONR almost always, NXT when I use a lot of water.

Comment

ONR is now my wash of choice. I moved to an apartment and there's no hoses around for washing my car.

Comment

I like Shampoo Plus and thought that more people would be using it

Comment

My favorite is the new Ultimate wash and wax.

Comment

Originally posted by JPagan View Post
                                My favorite is the new Ultimate wash and wax.
                                It's becoming very popular. Nice to see, for an All in One product.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');