• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotary Required? Is detailing seasonal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary Required? Is detailing seasonal?

Are rotary's required to be able to detail for dollars? Option B is just be up front and honest about what the limitations of a DA are.

Is detailing a seasonal buisness? I'd kill to be able to help myself pay through school via detailing instead of a traditional job. I'm willing to put in the effort, but will the rainy season put a damper on all buisness?

I live up in Washington state.

Re: Rotary Required? Is detailing seasonal?

Oh, I wouldn't say a rotary is absolutely required for every detail. However, it does come in handy for the bad details.

In my case, I need a rotary because 99.999999% of the vehicles I detail are very neglected - plenty of swirls and scratches. Yes, a PC helps quite a bit, but I have to make many passes to accomplish what I can in maybe one pass with the rotary.

Detailing goes a bit in seasons for me. If you lived in an area where the temps were almost the same, it wouldn't be that much of an issue. Around here, I get the customers who want the winter protection, summer detail, and post-summer detail.

I'm sure others will post about the seasons.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Detailing is seasonal with slow downs in the fall and winter.

With all the rain you get in Washington, people will tend to put off detailing the exterior because of all the rain which equates to road grime when you drive your car down any road. Car washes stay busy washing off the road grime.

This is why you want to branch out to other services for example...

Clear bras
      Window Tinting
      Interior cleaning
      Gift Certificates
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well im in northeast Florida, so I can pretty much detail any time of year. In the summer we get 90 degree heat with asphalt temps upwards of 130. In the winter we get down to the 30's for maybe a day or two. Most of the winter is highs in the 40's or 50's so its not to bad. Pretty much opens up detailing for all the time.
        Forever New
        Mobile Detailing
        Jacksonville, FL

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. Also thanks for the branch out ideas Mike. I may make up some flyers or cards and drop them on the nicer cars at the local community college or something.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');