• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use car shampoo to wash my car after waxing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use car shampoo to wash my car after waxing?

Hi,
    I just polished and waxed my black car 2 days ago. Unfortunately it rained today... can I wash my car with car shapoo now or do I have to wait a week before using shapoo and just use all water to wash now?

Re: Can I use car shampoo to wash my car after waxing?

Just make sure to use a good car wash and not a detergent like dish washing liquid, i would recommend Gold Class car wash. 2 days is enough time for the polymers in the wax to cure so you are good to go
    Just to add something, i would recommend never washing with just water due to not having any type of lubrication. A car wash like GC offers light cleaning ability without removing wax protection along with lubrication to help from applying swirls into the paint finish
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Dont wash with just water, use a quality soap as Derrick says.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

hi
        will washing with water alone remove the NXT tech waxes being applied on earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by hengheng View Post
          hi
          will washing with water alone remove the NXT tech waxes being applied on earlier?
          No.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');