• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with cleaning carpet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with cleaning carpet.

I've not yet quoted the guy on this job. Not sure what to even quote him yet.

If you can tell me how to get this job done, that be helpful. What should I use, etc.

Its spilled soda over 5 years an its turned into a hard plastic look. What can I use to get this job done.

Re: Help with cleaning carpet.

What tools do you have?
    Hot water extractor? Shop Vacuum?

Maybe as far as products you can use APC/APC+ because it looks like you would have to use a lot of it and it comes in big sizes and you can test to see what dilution rate it works in this situation.

Comment

Doesn't look very bad, a hot water extractor should be able to take care of that, if you have one.
      AeroCleanse, LLC
      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I don't have one, how much do they cost?

Comment

Hot water extractor and some APC+ will take care of this for you.

Different models of extractors are available. There's a cheaper model you can get from Target(I have one, but can't remember the name of it). This will probably work ok. Not great but ok. They run about $80.

We also have a Myte HP60, this will definately take care of the carpet with some APC+. But this machine runs a little over $1k.

Nick
          2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
          2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
          2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
          2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

I think the cheap one from Target is a Little Green Cleaning Machine or something along those lines. APC works great for the carpets. Also, check out folex at Home Depot, it is suppose to be very good for cleaning carpets also.
            If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Yes, Little Green Machine! Thats it!
              2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
              2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
              2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
              2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

I had the same problem with a client a while back. He smoked, a lot, and never cleaned the inside of his car, his carpets were filthy and i didn't have APC or an extractor. I got a bucket of hot water and soap and scrubbed, hard. It took some more effort but it got the job done, just make sure you do it early on so it has time to dry.

Comment

Yup, I have a LGM (little green machine) that I picked up from WalMart for around $80. Mine is the pro heat model (theres a cheaper version that is around $60 that does not have heat) Its not the best in the world, but for $80 it does a good job for me.
                  Forever New
                  Mobile Detailing
                  Jacksonville, FL

Comment

Originally posted by Forever New View Post
                    Its not the best in the world, but for $80 it does a good job for me.
                    I does the job for the weekend warrior and it's more effective almost effortless

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');