• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 2.0 Problem!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M21 2.0 Problem!!

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
    Any updates J BELL?
    We would like to know what happened too?

So often people post a question or a problem and then we never get a follow-up and as corny as it can sound... we care...

So we'll send him an e-mail and see if he'll update the thread.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I had M21 2.0 act up as well (as well as the orginal version). It can streak and never cure, even when applied thinnly over clean paint. I remember waiting hours on end for the original to dry and never did. I remember Meg's having a recall on the products at one point.

When I first got a little sample of 2.0 I was pretty excited to try it given how great 1.0 looked. First application and I remember why I stopped using the orginal. Streaky and cloudy (leaves a movable haze on the paint's surface) as well as dark blotches here and there.
      Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Yeah I would like an update as well to see if he resolved his problem

Comment

I've actually seen this issue on 3 recent details. All details included wash, clay, cleaner, and/or cleaner/polish. Final step was #21 2.0. The first time it happened I thought I may have left some residue from an earlier step (although the surface looked clean after it was wiped down w/ a microfiber), then it happened 2 more times after that. I have applied the product by hand and also w/ the G110, and the result was the same. I went so far as wiping one car down w/ 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol to remove the 21 2.0 and then toped w/ Gold Class, with no clouding/streaking issues. The wax was applied during dry weather and allowed to dry to haze for at least 30 minutes.
          1999 Ford Contour SVT
          Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
          1966/2760

Comment

I stopped using M21 as well. I was never happy with the final outcome. Blotchy finish. It looked great in the areas that it behaved in.

-R
            My Work log for my Magnum R/T Hemi Registry

Comment

Guys im really sorry i havent updated you on this i have been really busy...as for the 21..to my surprise guys it literally went away after a day or so and now i am left with a paint muting saran wrap look to my truck....not all bad but i dont think i will be using it anymore (sorry im not trying to bash just stating the truth)....i will be moving to another sealant but the #26 and #16 are staying put...thanks everyone for their input and sorry i didnt have a more upbeat conclusion on 2.0...

Comment

Thanks for updating the thread with your results! This is why we've been using the same signature line for all these years.

If you like it, then you obviously like how it applies and removes and it looks good in your eyes, if you use it often your car's paint will always look new because it's only when paint is neglected that it goes down hill.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Just sharing my recent experience here with M21 2.0 and this is on a dark colored car that I owned.

I've read closely through all the posts here and followed everything except for waiting for 8-12 hours. I only waited for 2 hours before buffing off thinking that it should be enough and M21 2.0 was applied after some light cleaning/polishing with 106ff (the surface didn't feel like it needed any claying) then a full wash after a prepsol wipe.

Unfortunately, sad to say, I've also experienced some streaking and hazing issues throughout my car. I've used M21 2.0 the same way I'd used the original 1.0 and I've never had these issues with the old formula.

This is quite disconcerting because I used M21 extensively on my details and I really like it very much. I hope this issue would be resolved very soon.

Comment

I'm going to give 21 2.0 one more try on a dark car, and if it streaks I'll exchange it for a new bottle. I bought a 64 oz bottle, so I have a lot of it left!
                    1999 Ford Contour SVT
                    Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
                    1966/2760

Comment

Sorry you didn't like your #21 experience. It is my favorite. In fact, I like it so much and think it does such a great job, that I refuse to use it on my families' cars I've detailed... because I only want my car looking and feeling that good!

(They get #26 - not too shabby)

Comment

Originally posted by J BELL View Post

as for the 21..to my surprise guys it literally went away after a day or so and now i am left with a paint muting saran wrap look to my truck....not all bad but i don't think i will be using it anymore (sorry im not trying to bash just stating the truth)....
                        Originally posted by KrisMas View Post

Unfortunately, sad to say, I've also experienced some streaking and hazing issues throughout my car. I've used M21 2.0 the same way I'd used the original 1.0 and I've never had these issues with the old formula.

This is quite disconcerting because I used M21 extensively on my details and I really like it very much. I hope this issue would be resolved very soon.
                        Originally posted by mike_svt View Post
                        I'm going to give 21 2.0 one more try on a dark car, and if it streaks I'll exchange it for a new bottle. I bought a 64 oz bottle, so I have a lot of it left!
                        Thank you everyone for your feedback with your experience with our M21 2.0

We would appreciate it if you could take a few moments to call our Customer Care Hotline and tell one of our Customer Care Reps about your experience so they can document it in a database for our records. We have system to flag products whenever we see a spike in issues related to the product.

This helps us to prioritize and take action when needed to make corrections.

Here's the number,

1-800-347-5700

Thank you!

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

any benefit to top NXT with #21?
                          Darren F

Comment

No, they are the same thing only varying in their application abilities.

Comment

I have been having a similar issue with the NXT 2.0, mainly on the horizontal surfaces. After following the suggestion that I apply it by hand instead of with the PC, I found that the application technique plays a big role in the outcome.

NXT 2.0 is definately an "apply while wet" product. You don't want to keep moving the product around as it's setting up. Make sure there's enough on your applicator to cover the area you're working, but once that area is covered, leave it be until you're ready to buff off the dried haze.
                              Don
                              12/27/2015
                              "Darth Camaro"
                              2013 Camaro ... triple black
                              323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

After struggling with FK's 1000P wax, easy on, like concrete to get off, I waited a few washes and polished my burgandy Honda Accord with Menzerna FFII. I only did a MF towel wipe down afterward, then applied 21 2.0 with a PC and red LC CCS pad. It hazed quickly and came off easily with a MF towel. I had another detailer try to guess what my LSP was - he thought it was Pinnacle Souveran (80 bucks a can) so THANK YOU Meguiars!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');