• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL - "Standard" Color of Foam Finishing Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POLL - "Standard" Color of Foam Finishing Pads

It would be helpful if the industry decided on a uniform color or label but there are so many colors and some manufacturers have a real myriad of pad choices. A simple indicator on the edge of the pad would suffice to show the pad's purpose and aggressiveness. How about a designation like F1, F2, F3 - P1, P2, P3 - C1, C2, C3, etc., for Finishing Polishing and Cutting with a light medium and heavy pad in each line. A permanent marking or embossing on the edge of the pad would be useful for easy ID and to also see that pad is rotating when on a DA. I really don't care what color the foam is as long as I know its intended use. With Microfiber becoming my most used pads, I wish they came in a couple more grades and that they be clearly marked with such a label as well.

Just thinking out loud here.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Re: POLL - "Standard" Color of Foam Finishing Pads

My solution is easy. I use all Meguiar's pads.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');