• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL - "Standard" Color of Foam Finishing Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL - "Standard" Color of Foam Finishing Pads

What is the "standard" color of a foam finishing pad?
    Green
    0.68%
    Tan
    12.93%
    White
    4.08%
    Blue
    2.04%
    Black
    27.21%
    Gray
    2.72%
    Other Color
    1.36%
    There is no "industry standard" color for foam finishing pads
    48.98%
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Re: POLL - "Standard" Color of Foam Finishing Pads

AS far as I know there is no standard !!!!

Comment

I voted black because so one told me that way back. I also heard red was standard? Who knows. It probably is nothing. Everyone seems to use there own standard. I'm pretty confident in saying that Tan isn't

Comment

I think he is asking us what we think (our opinions - thus the poll) of when we think of a polishing pad. If I get where you are going with this Mike... yes, I think Meguiars should change their polishing pad to white or gray. Those seem to be the more popular and accepted colors for polishing pads. But my vote was for white. LC, Sonus and Edge all use this color as well as several other smaller manufacturers.
        Dans Tech Reviews | Wii Shopper

Comment

Originally posted by danponjican View Post
          I think he is asking us what we think (our opinions - thus the poll) of when we think of a polishing pad. If I get where you are going with this Mike... yes, I think Meguiars should change their polishing pad to white or gray. Those seem to be the more popular and accepted colors for polishing pads. But my vote was for white. LC, Sonus and Edge all use this color as well as several other smaller manufacturers.
          Oh? I took it as the question he asked "What is the "standard" color of a foam finishing pad?"

Comment

I voted grey. I wish there was an industry standard. It would make it easier to explain to people.
            Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Comment

I voted for black as I know of two brands that use black. but yeah, I wish they'd come up with an ISO-esque color for foam pads too - but then I guess every body would have to comply to a definite number of pad aggressiveness too.

hmm...

how about Brown, Black, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, Gray, Indigo - say, for a certain aggressiveness scale.

But that's just me. Hope that helped though...

Comment

You know what I noticed the other day, the new Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Finishing Pad is now black? Hmmmmm.. That's strange Mike Pennington asked us the question and Meguiar's switched there Finishing pad from Tan to Black. I noticed it a while back I guess I never really paid attention since I still have a bunch of new "old" style pads. Yeah Mike P., why did Meguiar's decide to change the colors?

Comment

I voted no industry standard because I really didnt think there was one. I would be surprised if there was. Does the color of the pad matter?

Comment

Mike Pennington,

Is the correct answer forthcoming? Or is there no correct answer?

Thanks,
                    Mike
                    Last edited by Mikejl; Nov 23, 2008, 03:57 PM.
                    Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

There is no true "correct" answer.

Perception is what we were interested in
                      Mike Pennington
                      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                      Meguiar's, Inc.
                      800-854-8073
                      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

I think yellow is the standard.
                        Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
                          There is no true "correct" answer.

Perception is what we were interested in
                          In that case my perception is what I voted...that there is NO industry standard for coloring pads. In fact there's little industry standard for anything. Lake Country, Edge, Sonus, Flex, and Meguiar's all have different colors to denote different pad types. Sure some happen to overlap but this tends to cause more confusion than it settles.

Sure would be nice though to have one industry-approved standard for coloring...

Comment

Originally posted by sixty7mustang22 View Post
                            I voted grey. I wish there was an industry standard. It would make it easier to explain to people.
                            I agree with you there.As far as i know,there is no standard?

Comment

Agreed!

I WISH there were standard pad colors that crossed all manufacturers.

E.G. When reaching for an orange pad or a black pad from different manufacturers I would like to know (without have to think or having to double check) that one is for polishing and one is for finishing. The orange pad from different folks may have special vendor specific characteristics but I would like to know orange is for polishing and black is for finishing etc. I vote for standard colors!

Merlin - A Miracle Detailing

YouTube - Facebook - - Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');