• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the Forum & Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum & Detailing

Good morning.

First, I would want to let you guys know that I am new to deatailing. I own a black 2006 BMW 325i and would like to get it into the best shape possible. Meguiar's seems to have the most used/best products...

and thats why I'm here...

Where do I start?

My car is in pretty good condition. Some light scratches.

Any suggestions?
    Bisko
    2006 BMW 325i - Black

Re: New to the Forum & Detailing

In additon to Murr1525's recommended threads....we would recommend starting here to view, read and learn from....List O Links

There is a lot of info on this site, but that is a good place to start

Mike
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

i used

DC carwash

SS clay (this stuff is crazy)

DC 1

DC 2

NXT 2.0 (just 1 coat)

i have a few questions.

is the clay supposed to take out ALL the dirt off my paint? after claying i still felt some bumps but it still was a drastic improvement.

if so, can i clay my car after another carwash?

im still pretty satisfied with the results. i just wanted my car to feel like glass.
      Bisko
      2006 BMW 325i - Black

Comment

It is possible you neded to spend more time claying certain areas, esp if it has never been done. Remember the SS clay is mild, so a real stubborn area may take a little more work.

Yes, but the clay will remove some or all of your wax, so you would be back to square one.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Maybe the horizontal areas would need more work of the clay like Murr1525 said.
          Keep us updated

Comment

like Murr1525 said you may need to spend a little more time claying. To help with that make sure to clay in small sections and the clay should glide over the paint like glass. You should not feel or hear any contaminants before moving onto the next area.
            You can clay your car as much as you like just remember each time you clay your vehicle you will be leaving it unprotected so you will need to reapply your wax
            ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
            Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
            210-281-8151

Comment

Welcome to mol. Don't forget, you can clay your glass also.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

so ill wash my car, clay, and then wax this weekend. i really hope spending more time claying will help a little more. does 2 coats of wax really make a difference? can scratchx take out those little rock scratches from the front bumper?
                Bisko
                2006 BMW 325i - Black

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

If a polisher like the G110 is in your budget it would be an excellent tool in bringing you finish to "show car" status!

Rasky
                  Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by djbisko View Post
                    so ill wash my car, clay, and then wax this weekend. i really hope spending more time claying will help a little more. does 2 coats of wax really make a difference? can scratchx take out those little rock scratches from the front bumper?
                    2 coats of wax is to ensure even coverage and protection, thoug hit may help the final overall look a little bit as well.

Rock chips that are down to the primer have to be filled in with paint to be repaired.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

heres the link for the pic

Bisko
                      2006 BMW 325i - Black

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');